Novel propulsion method- differential linear percussion

Page 4 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Hey 10-4, I'll smoke one with you. Do photons behave like moving matter in space? NO.

their trajectory can be bent by gravity I have heard I have heard this too, and even been shown pictures of it. But I dismiss the current modern theories. I believe them to be absurd. Even anti-intellect.

I think science is all wrong about all science. Maybe that's anti-science. But I believe my conclusion is scientific and reasonable.

Particle duality and wave duality are just another misunderstanding of modern science. It's really no mystery.

I manufactured and emitted many photons 50 yrs. ago. Today they have a diameter of 100 light years. And still growing.

The largest structures I have ever built.

Reactions: Particle Article
Yes, photons behave like matter when they travel through space.
All forms of mass, be they solid matter or ethereal energy, both create a gravitational force and respond to it.
The mass of the photon is in its energy but the mass is there none the less.

thanks men
...so when an ion thruster, or a rocket travels in space,
and emits light,
the light travelling forward may travel faster than light?
You aren't thinking. What time is it? What time does the forward observer observe? Not a future for the emitter but a past time. The emitter oncoming has passed that time, is un-observably forward in space and time of the spacetime the light places it in. The light may be forward of the emitter in space, but it is behind the emitter in time! The rearview mirrors of many cars on the road often tells the driver in print that the car he observes oncoming to his rear is closer to him or her than it is observed to be. That is because the time recorded in the light for emission is old news the instant after it is emitted yet that old news is the only news the forward observer will ever observe. The light itself may be concurrent in time and space with the observer, but the emission spacetime observed for any traveler traveling in any direction in the light, never.

If you really want to explore the back yard, or a new area, we have to learn what all explorers have done before. To live off the land. That means we have to learn how to sail and tack on the solar wind. And collect that wind for energy. And supply caches at various landmarks.

Not light drive.....current drive. The solar wind is raw current. And a mixed current. A real positive and a real negative current. A collector and separator large enough, could theoretically power this planet.

If we can learn how to separate it, filter it, we might learn how to steer it. We might even be able to use the currents against one another. And manufacture a tacking method.

yah a Dyson Sphere can be erected,
and transmit a laser to Earth with massive difficulty

I think light is photons, they are not necessarily described as a current

if you are alluding to this power of speed defeats the impossibility of an inverse power of time
drive, yes it could be a craft somehow if it worked,

It could be a pure machine, it would not require astronaut's food parcels
the power could come from a passive magnet generator(not possible yet due to insufficient development)
-if the solar was not available

Last edited:
A craft that sails on starlight, never ceasing to accelerate through the fractal structure of the universe in its sailing under power from starlight sails, would be neat. "Order! 'Splice the mainbrace!'"
----------------------------

"He is the best sailor who can steer within fewest points of the wind, and exact a motive power out of the greatest obstacles." -- Henry David Thoreau.

Reactions: Particle Article
It's application would need to be benevolent,
or it's operators would be obliterated.

Some technology is dangerous,
and space is a dangerous environment anyway
-the benevolent operators would need to be of sound mind,
and attempt not to blunder(panic) at all times.
They would be need to be brave, not foolhardy,
maybe best left to machines,
or remote control.

I have read some Thoreau at some point,
I don't really remember it.
Perhaps there is David and Henry, different people, can't recall
- in reference to your signature
...seems very apt to the technology
which would perhaps shake a lot, in the simple form demonstrated

OK, I have figured out how there is no 2 ways of this working.
We need to apply and release artificial gravity using a centrifuge.
The kinetic transfer stroke happens under massive induced gravity,
and then the centrifuge is slowed and stopped,
to provide almost no retro kinetic when the return stroke happens

omg! this will certainly work

While a continually fuelled motor stresses our conventional thoughts of speed, and the physical mechanics that would be required
-this has led me to contemplate the artificial gravity that such a centrifuge would create

... so I have a curious motor/propulsion design that you will conceive of also if you ask me the right questions.

I'm attempting to outline it here:-

So we have 2 of the 'inertia motor'(outlined in this thread), which uses the frictive force of a motion called slip-stick or sticktion.
This may not work to provide travel,
it may only go back and forth relative to a fixed point in space,
-despite that kinetic energy is a power of speed.
A power of time may take away any forward motion.
I don't know this, I have not tried it in space, and water is difficult to make any headway on anyway. But the case is, that at worst under gravity it goes forward.
So this possible inverse power of time doesn't completely negate the motion.
I think that company others will now see what I'm driving at.
So we can provide artificial friction in space with the very fast centrifuge.
The transmission from the centrifuge can be engaged and dis-engaged,
to provide differing friction.
When the actuator is under a lot of G force from the centrifuge it causes a large movement stroke,
and the actuator is then halted, causing a small movement stroke.
The idea is that basically.
In practice 2 wheels are used, that are geared to together, and precisely the same weight.
This will give our motion control and utility.

So can my meaning of this conjuctive motor be extrapolated from this text company?
- and please any questions or further hypothesis

The stick-slip phenomenon can be used to shift two objects relative to each other. Stick-slip cannot move the center of gravity of any object relative to space. No object in space can alter its course except by a reaction force from a photon or a particle.

I suggest that is a contention when referenced to this motor alone, that I am aware of for a linear motion. Thanks for the input, I will do a concept drawing for your further deliberation.
Your statement is conventionally appropriate

-in time I will create another hardware model that will work here in the gravitational atmosphere

the condition is that this is compound or complex slip-stick under differing G-force

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIO2kJOcleo

basic concept drawing of an orbital inertia drive:-
when the gears are travelling fast, it actuates with more mass(force),
and when the gears are still, the return stroke actuates with very little force comparative. As far as I can tell this will create linear movement.
It's applied best in space, but can cause an experimental vehicle to move here on earth
this concept will have an awkward trajectory and speed, but hopefully it's a visual aid to the basic simple idea

Reactions: billslugg
The "Orbital Inertia Drive"
is potentially remarkable not for it's immediate speed,
as it's theoretical acceleration is stepped and takes a long time
-but it's because it seems apparent to me that it provides a
method of purely electrical travel in space, which until now has not been possible
ie. it will accelerate in orbit around a star until it's mechanisms become inoperable
Electrical drive in space is one of my keen concerns.
Electric ac(induction) and dc motors do work in space,
and can be provided electricity through a solar cell
-but they only circle,
their movement is not linear, only orbital(circular)

To make a linear drive I theorize that we can shunt an object with great mass,
and then draw it back when it's mass is less.
To create less and greater masses, we can induce them to a massy weight that moves
by using centrifugal force. When the movement stroke is made,
the massy object is under a lot of centrifugal force, essentially making it heavy
...and when the return stroke is made, the object is under no centrifugal force,
the centrifuge is stopped

The strokes can be made with electrical drives.
Inside a craft, you could recompress air with electricity endlessly with a conventional power
source like solar, however I would like to invent the passive magnetic motor(this would be an
amazing tech to have working)

This motor is sketched in the 'Orbital Inertia Drive' drawing.
I have tried to explain that one better now,
any questions are most welcome 8D

kind wishes company

Last edited:

Latest posts