Old, but significant books

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mdodson

"Space Resources and Space Settlements" NASA SP-428 and "Space Settlements - A Design Study" NASA SP-413, both reports from summer studies of the late 70's are available online. Go to: http://www.nss.org/settlement/index.html and scroll down to the book list at the bottom. Cool!

C

cdr6

A good addition to the list, By Spaceship to the Moon and Conquest of Space, both by Willie Ley with illustrations by Chestley Bonestell. They inspired a first generation of spacemen when they were just kids.

Y

yevaud

Two come to mind for me:<br /><br />From Hiroshima to the Moon, by Daniel Lang (1945).<br />Frontiers of Astronomy, by Fred Hoyle (1957). <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

J

j05h

I have every one of those books except "Space Resources and Space Settlements" on my shelf. All excellent, fundamental reading if you have the space bug. I'd like to add "The Heavens and the Earth" by McDougall for the history of the first Space Age and "The Millenial Project" by Marshall Savage as bootstrapping mental exercise. <br /><br />Thanks for the link!<br /><br />Josh <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div align="center"><em>We need a first generation of pioneers.</em><br /></div> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.