Oodles of old Sky and Telescopes available

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MeteorWayne

Oodles of old Sky and Telescopes available..
The NJAA has duplicates of old Sky and Telescopes dating back at least to 1979. If anyone would be interested in them (you pay the shipping only) PM me and we'll work it out. It's certainly fascinating to look at the history of astronomy through that time period. I could have put this in User announcements, but figured there might be more folks who are interested here, and they are available at no charge. Otherwise, they will probably wind up being recycled.

Wayne

C

crazyeddie

MeteorWayne":2hde83s1 said:
Oodles of old Sky and Telescopes available..
The NJAA has duplicates of old Sky and Telescopes dating back at least to 1979. If anyone would be interested in them (you pay the shipping only) PM me and we'll work it out. It's certainly fascinating to look at the history of astronomy through that time period. I could have put this in User announcements, but figured there might be more folks who are interested here, and they are available at no charge. Otherwise, they will probably wind up being recycled.

Wayne

I like looking at old ads for telescopes in such magazine relics, when Cave Astrola, Unitron, Edmund Scientific, Criterion, Celestron, and the Optical Craftsmen were the top brands in telescopes, back in the day. They were expensive for the time, which is why so many people tried to grind their own mirrors and make their own telescopes. Boy, how the times have changed....good quality telescopes can be had today at dirt-cheap prices!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts