Please write the New Congress about Manned Space Exploration

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BReif

Since the 110th Congress was sworn in yesterday, January 4th, I have taken the opportunity to write a letter to the Congressional Leadership, the Speaker of the House, and my own Congressman and Senators, asking for their support for the Vision for Space Exploration, the Orion Crew Exploartion vehicle, and the launch infrastructure needed to return the USA to the Moon. I encourage all of us to do this, expressing our views to our lawmakers.<br /><br />My letter is as follows:<br /><br />Dear Congressman/Senator: <br /><br />I am writing to you to express my support for NASA's Vision for Space Exploration (VSE) that was outlined in January 2004. I believe that it is imperative to the future of our nation that the United States pursues manned space exploration, specifically the exploration of the Moon, Mars, and Near-Earth asteroids. In order to accomplish these goals, as outlined in the VSE, I am asking for your support of Project Orion (the Crew Exploration Vehicle), and the launch infrastructure needed to fly this vehicle which will return the US to the Moon, and further our nation’s reach into space. <br /><br />Sincerely: <br /><br />Sign your name

Q

qso1

Good idea, a show of support from enough folks is usually the way to get things done by our elected officials. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

A

anoolios

Dear Congressperson/Senator:<br /><br />Please institute a firewall between human spaceflight funding and science funding of NASA. It is not right that science and exploration funding is suffering in order to fund human spaceflight. <br /><br />Additionaly I would like to express my disagreement with the decision to pursue the VSE; at this point in our technological development and given fixed budgets, the majority of the human spaceflight portion of NASA's budget should be going into research and development of the energy and propulsion systems of the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts