Progress M-07M(39P) (Soyuz-U Launched on Sept. 10, 2010)

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EarthlingX

www.federalspace.ru : Progress M-07M will Boost ISS Оrbit Twice
:: 13.09.2010

In the nearest future, Progress M-07M cargo vehicle which socked to the International Space Station yesterday will boost ISS orbit.
The first reboost operation is slated for September 15, in order to prepare the station for docking with Soyuz YMA-01M on October 10, and to maintain favorable conditions for Soyuz TMA-18 landing on September 24.
The other reboost is scheduled on October 15. This time the cargo spaceship will raise the orbit of the station to support further rendezvous and docking of Progress M-08M on Oct. 30 and Discovery shuttle on Nov. 3.

Roscosmos PAO

E

EarthlingX

wolverine84":4z8pbg4t said:
On live feed from ISS, I just saw Tracy eating an apple...I bet it is fresh from the 39P :)

Yea, i would think the same :)

They are unpacking, just saw Shannon Walker fly-by with a big package :)
ISS-24-2010-09-13-18h16m35s68.jpg

There's Tracy:
ISS-24-2010-09-13-18h19m15s133.jpg

W

wolverine84

It is basic stuff they got. But up there, every re-supply must feel like a x-mass

W

wolverine84

There is a medical reanimation strecher on the lower right corner. I first hoped to watch - live - a first aid exercise in microgravity :D

Z

Zipi

wolverine84":lilqa27x said:
It is basic stuff they got. But up there, every re-supply must feel like a x-mass

Astronauts & kosmonauts have to really work for their "presents"... Everything Russians launch up there is firmly bolted to the ship's hull and removing those tight bolts at zero-g is very hard job. After hard work all those fruits & other stuff has to feel very rewarding. ;)

E

EarthlingX

(HD version recap )
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uAms3uSKhg[/youtube]
NASAtelevision | September 13, 2010

An unpiloted Russian cargo ship made an automated docking at the aft port of the Zvezda Service Module of the International Space Station on Sept. 12, delivering 2 ∏ tons of food, fuel and supplies for the six crew members on board. The ISS Progress 39 resupply vehicle linked up to Zvezda at 6:58 a.m. CDT, two days after its launch from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan.

W

wolverine84

Are there any interior pictures of the progress cargo module? I'd like to know how they pack supplies inside the hull.

Z

Zipi

wolverine84":3iz5bbt4 said:
Are there any interior pictures of the progress cargo module? I'd like to know how they pack supplies inside the hull.

I remember seeing some videos about that... At least there were some Poisk module unpacking video at Youtube.

W

wolverine84

I can't find it. I woudl appreciate if someone could post some photo material or even better video of Progress interior and storage.

E

EarthlingX

You're welcome :)

www.federalspace.ru : ISS Reboost with Progress M-07M Assistance Completed
:: 15.09.2010

In accordance with the program of the International Space Station mission ballistics support, ISS reboost was carried out on Sept. 15.
The maneuver was assisted by 8 attitude thrusters of cargo vehicle Progress M-07M attached to Russian module Zvezda. The engines were started at 13:04 Moscow time, following the commands from the ISS RS central computer. As a result of the 526-sec-burn, the altitude of the ISS became 2 km higher (356 km) in order to provide favorable conditions for Soyuz TMA-18 landing on Sept. 24 and Soyuz TMA-01M docking on Oct. 10.

Roscosmos PAO

W

wolverine84

Do they feel reboost onboard? Or is the thrust so gentle and spread over longer duration so it doesnt affect the occupants

E

EarthlingX

I'm not sure how much they would feel reboost, but i don't expect that to be very much.

Progress docking by Astro_Wheels :

Our ‘Progress 39P’ unmanned resupply spaceship on final approach for docking this past Sunday. It was laden with food, fuel, spare parts, and much needed supplies for our orbiting outpost. The greatest gift was just inside the hatch…some bags of fresh fruit and vegetables. Such a wonderful treat after 3 months of eating out of tubes and plastic pouches!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts