Quantum Mechanics: Entanglement

Jan 2, 2024
Visit site
I assume we all know what my beginner's book says. That particles (a pair of Photons say) can be entangled. So, if one is separated from the other then they act in exact synchronisation even if separated by light years. So if something happens to one then the other 'knows'. And it happens instantaneously.

To get the flavour: Einstein called it Spooky action at a distance, I think. Although there is not supposed to be any ability to transfer information (this would break the speed of light limit) it is thought that in the case of black holes losing one of a pair and one escaping might provide something useful (Hawking Radiation).

My point in making this post is not to tell you what you already know but to test an idea:-

But first: As the Universe moves forward in time which view below is the right one?
  1. The universe is a "now" that moves forward extending what "already is" into the future in a deterministic way. Only "now" and possibly the past have any existence.
  2. The universe is like a 'timewave' moving forward modifying a preexisting 'block universe' at the Quantum level to result in a changing deterministic macro universe.
  3. Something else
In the case of number 1 Particles are carried forward in time as simple objects that we describe every day and I have no conjecture to add. The weirdness/spookiness remains.

In the case of number 2 particles are not particles but are strings extending throughout a block universe through time from birth to an interaction event. In this case, the original pairing is not lost by separation even when parted as they are still joined by location in the past and possibly in the future. Maybe

The Verse (Turn....) is an ever-renewing renewal project. If goes forward in time in order to go backward in time . . . all at once in exactly the same Verse (thus Uni-Verse (One turn of the wheel(s): to turn; return.... endlessly finite in infinite offset parallel finite (altogether, REALTIME NOW 't=0'))).

Aug 15, 2024
Visit site
I thought entangled particles can only share one communication, not swap data, nor in any other sense, communicate any other change than the single current orientation.
In my mind, the Universe is Infinite, but not deterministic; as in any moment there's a boundless amount of either/or actions, such as high state or low state of an electron, you cannot determine future randomness. One might easily conceive of a universe that is alive, as it is always growing and expanding and is quite active. If it were to have sentience, it would be in the now, and therefore would have no interaction with the future. "Future" is a concept, not a reality, or a force, or an energy. It's a mental gymnastic to help us deal with our total expulsion from ever experiencing the future in any way. It is pure conjecture. If we didn't believe in the persistence of reality, we'd never go anywhere without everything we have coming with us. We wouldn't put socks in drawers; it's that simple. The notion of a future helps us organize the present, and is a reflection of a projection of the past onto our logic circuits to reinforce our dependence on things staying where/what there are. Example: I put my socks away yesterday. I "know" they're there today, and "will be there tomorrow," even though the last phrase is imaginary and cannot be proved, as there is no access to the future; it is not an accessible thing or even idea.
The future is something that will be an eternally unknown, imaginary notion.
Regarding entanglement, I've read a lot about what its possibilities may be, in the future, however I have not read much about the practical consequences of the entangled particle's thermal environment being raised; at some point it must 'melt' the entanglement, and I wonder what the ramifications heat might have on real-world use of entanglement.
Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS