Question ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

express_2005

I have a Orion Reflector F/5 700mm focal lenth and i was wondering i have saw the Jupitor and mars and saturn and venus but tonight i tried to find m101 m51 m63 m81 m82 galaxy and had no luck i got starrynight pro and know the constellations the sky was clear and calm and just could not find them i was wondering if it is even possible to see them with my telescope and if so what might be the problem<br /><br />

T

tfwthom

Though you need to add the aperture of the scope when asking a question like this, if you point the scope in the right direction you will see the object.<br /><br />You might be see only a bit of the object so it doen't look the same as the pictures you have seen.<br /><br />Another reason to join an astronomy club.<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1" color="#3366ff">www.siriuslookers.org</font> </div>

E

express_2005

ok well this is what the manual says<br />primary mirror diameter 150mm (5.9")<br />Focal Lenth 750mm<br />Ratio F/5<br /><br />LOL tho the thing is iam out side right now and still iam trying but yet no luck <br />

T

tfwthom

AstroView™ 6 EQ Reflector<br /><br />Ok here's what you can see with a typical 6" reflector under reasonably good skies: <br /><br />All 110 Messier objects, which includes nebulae, open and globular clusters, and extended galaxies. Most of these will seem impossibly dim to you at first. Later in your career, they will seem really bright. <br /><br />All of the planets except Pluto. Saturn's rings are easy. Shadow transits on Jupiter are easy. Detail on Mars is somewhat harder, but gets a little easier once every two years. Venus, Mercury, Neptune, and Uranus are pretty much featureless balls. <br /><br />Hundreds of named craters on the moon. <br /><br />(Cut from the So You Want to Buy a Telescope thread.) <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1" color="#3366ff">www.siriuslookers.org</font> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts