SAUCER SCIENCE *DELETED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jurgens

<i>-ad hominem deleted-</i><br /><br />I already have a flying saucer in my garage. I'm working out some of the kinks, but due to the gravitational torsion created in the direction perpendicular to Electric and Magnetic Waves, I am capable of having my flying saucer levitate! The problem is that it is a bit unstable as of now, but that will be fixed soon enough??!!?

G

grooble

I doubt they'd have faster than light engines in 20 years. But maybe there could be some solid concepts and science developed over the next 20 years that show it could be done.<br /><br />

Y

yevaud

Who knows? Jury is still out on that. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

V

vogon13

Human's have encountered craft with the para-grav technology which is what you are probably thinking of. Voltone ships propulsion has never been figured out. Environmental impact of many para-grav ships operating near earth has not been addressed.<br /><br />Note, from an 'off' condition, para-grav engines do not 'spool up' very quickly. Less than handy for a quick get away. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

P

pizzaguy

<font color="yellow"> : Our [Man's] concepts of an "engine " as such WILL NECESSARILY change over a 20+ yr period..i mean th age of hydrocarbon fuels will pass, probably conventional forms of nuclear-power or those types of propulsion, too. </font><br /><br />There will be change, but not to this degree. Hydrocarbon fuels will be with us for some time, and nuclear energy hasn't even gotten off the ground in the USA yet. <br /><br />As for "Faster than Light" - I dont care how small you make the craft, FTL is not gonna happen. Get over it. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1"><em>Note to Dr. Henry:  The testosterone shots are working!</em></font> </div>

J

jurgens

except for the fact that 20% of all the US's Electrical Power comes from nukes.

V

ve7rkt

I think by "gotten off the ground" he means that nuclear power hasn't been used in a flying machine. Well, not counting that absurd bomber that carried a nuclear reactor... the plane itself still ran on hydocarbons.

G

grooble

Instead of physically travelling faster than light, is there no way to use some kind of wormhole or warp space dimensions?<br /><br />

A

a_lost_packet_

Despite the near incomprehensibility of the original poster's remarks, I will aggree with something..<br /><br />Technology will definitely change in the next 10-20 years. I believe that within 20 years, we may be able to suggest that travel at, effectively, FTL might be possible. However, it will never be conventional 4-D travel.<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1">I put on my robe and wizard hat...</font> </div>

A

annodomini2

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p> I think by "gotten off the ground" he means that nuclear power hasn't been used in a flying machine. Well, not counting that absurd bomber that carried a nuclear reactor... the plane itself still ran on hydocarbons. <p><hr /></p></p></blockquote><br /><br />There were 2 nuclear powered plane designs, both never flew. 1 russian, 1 (originally british) us.<br /><br />The british/us deisgn used the reactor from a sub, to heat lithium to superheat the air passing through two ram jets, very heavy.<br /><br />The russian design heated the air directly, more efficient, but dirty and still too heavy.<br /><br />Both were canned due to extreme technical difficulties and too much risk in the event of and accident. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

V

vogon13

Project Pluto (to which I think you are refering) was on TLC or Discovery awhile back. Scary watching that reactor zorching out 500MW of super heated compressed air. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

C

craig42

Grooble<br /><br />You may want to look at a Book called The Iron Sun. It presents a well thought out theory regarding the possibility of small artificial black holes approximately 1 light year from the sun to cross interstellar distances. I don't have it with me at the moment and can't remember the authors name or ISBN I'm afraid.<br />

A

amenhotepi

:<br />1426,20/5/2005.FRI<br /><br /> ..grooble, AMENHOTEPI < here />..<br /><br /> ..thanks, for your postings..very neat, especially th last one re artificial black holes. - it, just so haappens, i hvea book too called 'Artificial BLACK HOLES ' ..its by 3 editors : Mario Novello, Matt Visser, and Grigori Volovik, Publisheed by: World Scientific. i've had th book for a couple of yrs [hardback]..it covers: Maxwell eqs., Quantum field, quarks, White holes, Fourier, Einstein, Black holes, acoustic black hole, and baby universe. i have tried reading th book a couple of times but, i findits thinking a little too rigid and formal, for me. it is mainly equations. no illustration.. and w. 400 pages; cost me a wapping $135. th ISBN is: 981-02-4807-5 . if i can, and, there's anything u want scanned to u by attatchment [..my em [em = email ] system is playing up a lot too, u, will have to take th risk of not getting your attatchment at all, it is so bad. i, must change it soon].. let me know..by th way, printer not working.!<br /><br /> AMENHOTEPI<br /><br />

A

amenhotepi

:<br /> 1426.20/05/2005<br /><br /> .. grooble, AMENHOTEPI < here />..<br /><br /> i sent an attatchment w. th last post..it did n't seem to work..i'll try one more time.<br /><br /><br /> - grooble.. tried th attatchment but th file was too big..though u have th ISBN, if necessary..<br /><br /> < 100 AU 7 /><br /><br /> AMENHOTEPI

A

amenhotepi

:<br />1426.20/5/05<br /><br /> ..JurgenS, AMENHOTEPI < here />..<br /><br /> <br /> ..i have been cutting and pasting recently..it saves me time.. when i have a moment, i will Edit..thanks for th reminder, JurgenS. <br /><br /> AMENHOTEPI<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts