Shatner-Quake

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

a_lost_packet_

Well, at least Shatner will have his favorite person to have sex with.

Still, the world needs more Shatners in it. I wonder if the Evil Kirk is in it?

Psst, Evil Kirk Guy Hunting Shatner.. don't go near the pool...

J

jim48

I am so done with Shatner. Many years ago Majel Barrett Roddenberry said that he has an ego the size of a galaxy. Many other Star Trek cast members eagerly confirmed that. George Takei said recently in an interview that you have to feed Bill's ego. Have you been to his website? Jesus. He was terrifc as James Kirk and Denny Crane and he's funny as the Priceline guy but he has become a self-made, one-man industry and I refuse to spend a penny to support him. Contrast Leonard Nimoy, who could also be making tons of cash doing what Shatner does but isn't interested, although I thought it was hilarious when they did Priceline commercials together. The only thing Shatner cares about is Shatner, and God help you if you get in his way.

D

dragon04

Those DAMN Canadians. We should declare war. Or at least deport him.

D

dragon04

crazyeddie":3r58xo9i said:
Shatnerquake: To Baldly Go Where No Man Has Gone Before! :lol:

LOL!!!!! That's a FACT.

But the guy looks pretty robust for 78 years old compared to his contemporaries!

D

doublehelix

On Saturday I saw on SciFi an episode of classic Twilight Zone, starring William Shatner! It's the episode that involves a fortune telling machine with a devil head on it. Shatner's character is obsessed with it. It was fun to see him so young.

DH Factoid: Twilight Zone is one of my favorite TV shows ever! I've seen every episode of the original series. :ugeek:

-dh

J

JeffBurk

Hey everyone – the author of “Shatnerquake” here. Thanks to everyone for all the interest and kind words on my book. I thought some of you here would be interested in knowing that this Tuesday, November 17th, I will have “Shatnerquake” available as a free PDF download at my website (http://www.JeffBurk.wordpress.com). If you’ve been interested in the book, now will be your chance to check it out at no cost. Thanks everyone!

A

a_lost_packet_

Welcome to SDC and thanks for paying us a visit. After reading the reviews of your book, I don't know if I'll be able to pass up it's shatner-filled goodness! :)

10_stone_5

This is sounding eerily like Being John Malkovich.

Particularly the scene where the world is filled entirely with John Malkovich clones.

D

doom_shepherd

jim48":104ubnm9 said:
I am so done with Shatner. Many years ago Majel Barrett Roddenberry said that he has an ego the size of a galaxy. Many other Star Trek cast members eagerly confirmed that. George Takei said recently in an interview that you have to feed Bill's ego. Have you been to his website? Jesus. He was terrifc as James Kirk and Denny Crane and he's funny as the Priceline guy but he has become a self-made, one-man industry and I refuse to spend a penny to support him. Contrast Leonard Nimoy, who could also be making tons of cash doing what Shatner does but isn't interested, although I thought it was hilarious when they did Priceline commercials together. The only thing Shatner cares about is Shatner, and God help you if you get in his way.

Of course, that is the entire POINT of Shatner's career for the last 20 years or so. He's been fully acknowledging and making fun of his own tremendous ego since at least "Free Enterprise" and possibly since the infamous "Get a Life" speech on SNL.

Denny Crane? Denny Crane is Shatner playing Shatner, if he were a lawyer.

In fact, I daresay that most (or at least, the best) of what you see from Shatner nowadays is self-parody. There's a reason that when they roasted him on Comedy Central a couple years back, Shatner was the second funniest performer on the stage... right after George Takei.

Status
Not open for further replies.