Shuttle Launch

• Thread starter NovaScotiaskywatcher
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NovaScotiaskywatcher

<p>Hi everyone!!</p><p>Myself and my family are heading to Florida in February and I would love for them to aee the shuttle launch scheduled for then.&nbsp; I am hoping that someone on this forum has viewed a launch before and could give insght to a tourist as to where the best place to view the launch would be . . . </p><p>I appreciate the assistance!</p>

B

bpcooper

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Hi everyone!!Myself and my family are heading to Florida in February and I would love for them to aee the shuttle launch scheduled for then.&nbsp; I am hoping that someone on this forum has viewed a launch before and could give insght to a tourist as to where the best place to view the launch would be . . . I appreciate the assistance! <br /> Posted by NovaScotiaskywatcher</DIV></p><p>I think this should help you:</p><p>http://www.launchphotography.com/Shuttle_Launch_Viewing.html </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>-Ben</p> </div>

R

rocketwatcher2001

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Hi everyone!!Myself and my family are heading to Florida in February and I would love for them to aee the shuttle launch scheduled for then.&nbsp; I am hoping that someone on this forum has viewed a launch before and could give insght to a tourist as to where the best place to view the launch would be . . . I appreciate the assistance! <br />Posted by NovaScotiaskywatcher</DIV></p><p>My favorite places to watch are along the highway&nbsp;US 1 in Titusville.&nbsp; There is always a lot of traffic, but I can give you directions to take back roads where there will not be any traffic, and you will get to the good spots quickly.&nbsp; &nbsp;<br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

N

NovaScotiaskywatcher

Thanks so much for the info . . . Titusville looks like a good place . . . is the very end of E. Broad st a good spot? is it a public area?&nbsp; or would you suggest somewhere else around there?

R

rocketwatcher2001

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Thanks so much for the info . . . Titusville looks like a good place . . . is the very end of E. Broad st a good spot? is it a public area?&nbsp; or would you suggest somewhere else around there? <br />Posted by NovaScotiaskywatcher</DIV></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Yes, that area has a great view, the problem is going to be the traffic and the crowd.&nbsp; My spot is Miracle City Mall, there is plenty of parking, and a 1 minute walk to the river's edge, and no traffic on the back roads.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

N

NovaScotiaskywatcher

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>&nbsp;Yes, that area has a great view, the problem is going to be the traffic and the crowd.&nbsp; My spot is Miracle City Mall, there is plenty of parking, and a 1 minute walk to the river's edge, and no traffic on the back roads. <br />Posted by rocketwatcher2001</DIV><br /><br />Thanks,&nbsp; I noticed the Miracle City Mall on g**gle maps . . . I appreciate the info!!!&nbsp; Maybe I'll see you there . . we'll be the wide-eyed Canucks in major tourist mode!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts