Shuttle Reentery video????

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gawin

I am wondering if anyone knows if they have and where to find a full video from in side the shuttle druing reetery. <br /> have found a great HUD vid of the final aproach and landing but am looking for somthing that is from space to ground.<br /><br />Thanks in advance for any info<br /><br />Gawin

C

CalliArcale

They don't transmit much video live during descent; there's a lot of interference which reduces the available bandwidth enormously. As it is, even voice can be intermittent. As I understand it, they cannot transmit directly to the ground as long as they're enveloped in plasma, so they transmit instead to the TDRS satellites in space, and even this cuts out sporadically due to the physical obstruction of the orbiter's tail during the banking turns it makes to bleed off speed.<br /><br />However, they do routinely videotape events in the cockpit during entry. These are not transmitted to the ground live, but are retrieved from the camera after landing. I've seen parts of one of these broadcast on NASA TV as part of a documentary about Shuttle processing. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#666699"><em>"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly . . . timey wimey . . . stuff."</em>  -- The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

E

erioladastra

I have seen complete video of both launch and landing so I know they exist. The launch one was interesting because you hear this slow, persistent rrrrrrrrrrrriiiiip and then a flight data file book rips off the velcro and "falls". I have that one on tape. They are used for training at JSC so I don't know if there are any public ones out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts