Some thoughts on antimatter

Page 3 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
As OP I would refer you to post #1 and poet #13; I repeat the latter since it is buried below #26 where this page starts.

"
As OP, may I please come back to the question(s):

"Antimatter and matter are supposed to have occurred in comparable quantities - how do we think we are able to even suggest this when our existence is supposed to be limited to <5% of the observed universe (small u)? My question."

"If what we have left is just the marginal remainder of matter/antimatter explosion, then the BB must have been horrendously bigger than we seem to think. Maybe it was this +/- matter mutual destruction which 'funded' inflation? My question."

Part of what I am getting at, is that our <5% available for observation does not give us much scope for scientific enquiry - even if all that dark energy is more than fudge. Even if that <5% is actually 70%, it is still more than enough to keep us busy.

Without wishing to mix threads, there is some good stuff to chew over in Mystical Physics thread:

Mystical physics | Space.com Forums

These should be kept separate, but I will only say that the +/- 'explosion' is dealt with there in the context of regarding it as separable from the actual t = 0 situation."

I think I have been constant in my questions and cannot see any significant postings to the contrary. What is your point here? Can you please supply significant quotes please?

Cat :)

iconoclast

BANNED
Dec 3, 2021
Visit site
As OP I would refer you to post #1 and poet #13; I repeat the latter since it is buried below #26 where this page starts.

"
As OP, may I please come back to the question(s):

"Antimatter and matter are supposed to have occurred in comparable quantities - how do we think we are able to even suggest this when our existence is supposed to be limited to <5% of the observed universe (small u)? My question."

"If what we have left is just the marginal remainder of matter/antimatter explosion, then the BB must have been horrendously bigger than we seem to think. Maybe it was this +/- matter mutual destruction which 'funded' inflation? My question."

Part of what I am getting at, is that our <5% available for observation does not give us much scope for scientific enquiry - even if all that dark energy is more than fudge. Even if that <5% is actually 70%, it is still more than enough to keep us busy.

Without wishing to mix threads, there is some good stuff to chew over in Mystical Physics thread:

Mystical physics | Space.com Forums

These should be kept separate, but I will only say that the +/- 'explosion' is dealt with there in the context of regarding it as separable from the actual t = 0 situation."

I think I have been constant in my questions and cannot see any significant postings to the contrary. What is your point here? Can you please supply significant quotes please?

Cat :)

More entropy . . .

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
I did a search on "maximum entropy" and Catastrophe, with this single result for this thread:

"Some thoughts on antimatter
QUOTE chapter10.pdf (mit.edu) The Principle of Maximum Entropy is carried out by finding α, β, and all p(Ai) such that L is made the largest. These values of p(Ai) also make S the largest it can be, subject to the constraints. By introducing two new variables, we have (surprisingly) simplified..."

This mention was in response IG's post #30, which I partially quote as follows:
"
Cat, I have a few questions.

Where exactly is(are) the "lagrange" point(s) of nexus(es?) in the cycle of the Universe? Does that refer to the point(s) where entropy is the maximum and where it is the least? I mean, the point where time starts to go backward instead of forward and vice versa. And, at what entropy are those points located at? Is there a maximum and minimum limit of entropy except infinity and zero? " My emphasis.

That is the only context I can find for maximum entropy, or are you complaining about the word "entropy" in general?

Status
Not open for further replies.