Space Flash...Space Roar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Simsup

<p>Is there&nbsp;a delta&nbsp;difference between the speed of visible light and the speed of radio waves on the low-frequency end of the light spectrum?&nbsp; </p><p>I ask this question because according to the report on the "space flash":&nbsp; "On Feb. 21, 2006, the Hubble&nbsp;Space Telescope&nbsp;first imaged the source of light, which continued to brighten over the next 100 days, peaked, and then finally faded to oblivion over another 100 days."&nbsp; THEN in July of 2006 the ARCADE mission detected a "booming noise six times louder than anyone had predicted."&nbsp; It seems to me that these two events were really one event; and if the delta difference between the two spectrums are different could easily explain both, and possibly one could concievably tell just how far away this singularity event was.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </p>

M

MeteorWayne

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Is there&nbsp;a delta&nbsp;difference between the speed of visible light and the speed of radio waves on the low-frequency end of the light spectrum?&nbsp; I ask this question because according to the report on the "space flash":&nbsp; "On Feb. 21, 2006, the Hubble&nbsp;Space Telescope&nbsp;first imaged the source of light, which continued to brighten over the next 100 days, peaked, and then finally faded to oblivion over another 100 days."&nbsp; THEN in July of 2006 the ARCADE mission detected a "booming noise six times louder than anyone had predicted."&nbsp; It seems to me that these two events were really one event; and if the delta difference between the two spectrums are different could easily explain both, and possibly one could concievably tell just how far away this singularity event was.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br />Posted by Simsup</DIV><br /><br />No, all electromagnetic radiation travels at the same speed in a vacuum. THe two are not related also, becaose the point that Hubble imaged was a point, while the "roar" seems to be coming from all directions. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

M

Mee_n_Mac

xXTheOneRavenXx":1pnmyiso said:
Was the source of this roar ever discovered??

Nope. And I don't expect any answer in the near term either. The ARCADE people will have to make a good case that they've covered all the experimental sources of error before someone tries to replicate their results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts