Spacex Falcon 1 Flight 5 Launch

Page 4 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nimbus

I'm gonna pass on watching this one. I'd rather not see it crash & burn live, if it does.

M

mr_mark

A big thumbs down to nimbus haha, I'm giving out the positive vibes so best wishes to both Spacex and Nasa on two fantastic mission successes! :D

M

MeteorWayne

nimbus":3462ew98 said:
I'm gonna pass on watching this one. I'd rather not see it crash & burn live, if it does.

Since that's always a risk with a lunch of any kind, I guess you never watch any at all!

R

robotical

MeteorWayne":15wdnjaj said:
nimbus":15wdnjaj said:

Since that's always a risk with a lunch of any kind, I guess you never watch any at all!

Especially when I'm cooking it... Stay out of the kitchen!

M

MeteorWayne

Is the webcast working for anyone? It never seems to load for me.

M

mr_mark

meteorwayne, I don't even see the link on the spacex website. How are you guys providing the link?

B

Boris_Badenov

MeteorWayne":fdcqa6xr said:
The webcast won't start for another hour from the time of this post.

M

MeteorWayne

Boris_Badenov":hk9ryxvg said:
MeteorWayne":hk9ryxvg said:
The webcast won't start for another hour from the time of this post.

AHA, it's 3:40 PDT...20 minutes befoe launch. Sorry, my eastcoastcentric eyes didn't catch that :)

Thanx

MW

D

dreada5

Works for me in and I'm in England!

Webcast begins at 3:40pm PDT.

Too bad I have to hit the sack for work in the morn... enjoy!!

N

nimbus

MeteorWayne":1l578y9n said:
nimbus":1l578y9n said:

Watching rockets take off makes my hair stand up most of the time. Seeing and hearing the Shuttle blast off .. makes me cry. LOL I'm not kidding. I'm glued to the screen for any kinda launch I've got time to watch... But I just don't want to see this one blow up. I guess it means that much to me :)

T

ThereIWas2

In the past when the launch has been delayed, the video feed also starts late. But at least they would be updating on the web page.

R

rybanis

Maitri982":3sgoqs82 said:
Anyone else here the Jeopardy music playing? :)

Perhaps the horrible weather is everywhere today. Florida, here in Washington, the middle of the Pacific...ungh!

I'll keep waiting. In the meantime, I'll keep working on a pork roast for dinner.

D

dragon04

I had planned to watch the Shuttle lift off over steaks off the grill for me and the wife, some steamed broccoli and cauliflower and a cold beer to wash it all down.

Dinner was good.

IS ANYONE GOING TO SPACE TODAY?!?!?!?

T

ThereIWas2

The web page updated at 4:03, so they are still there. Says stand by.

R

rybanis

dragon04":wu127urs said:
I had planned to watch the Shuttle lift off over steaks off the grill for me and the wife, some steamed broccoli and cauliflower and a cold beer to wash it all down.

Dinner was good.

IS ANYONE GOING TO SPACE TODAY?!?!?!?

Pork roast with shallots and Yukon gold potatoes, basted with olive oil and some white wine.

ANYWAYS.

Good to see some sort of update, no matter how minute.

D

dangineer

If this launch is successful, then it would represent the opportunity for a vast amount of money to head in the direction of SpaceX. It would be the first time a privately developed launch vehicle placed a commercial payload into orbit, and in my opinion, would usher in a new era of space transportation. So, no pressure, SpaceX. I sure hope it's a success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts