Starry Night CSAP silliness

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kpstinga

<p>I installed this software on my rig lately and I'm pretty disappointed in what it can do and what I can find in it. For example the only space mission listed is Phoenix, which strangely enough, is shown to be in orbit around the Sun and far away from Mars. There are also only 2 comets in the database, etc. </p><p>How do higher versions of this software (SN Enthusiast and so on) fare in these departments? </p>

A

adrenalynn

<p>I'm not sure what settings there are in that lower-ended version for updates, but the higher ended versions will allow you to set a maximum number of objects to be updated.&nbsp; IMHO, it's set waaaay toooo low by default.&nbsp; I think the default settings were written for 300 baud modems, not modern Internet connections.&nbsp; I max them all.&nbsp; In my Pro version, I can pull all the comets currently visible at any reasonable magnitude (22+) in either the northern or southern hemisphere, and it knows about all the satellites I've looked for.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>>> strangely enough, is shown to be in orbit around the Sun and far away from Mars.</p><p>Old non-updated default data prehaps?&nbsp; Are you connected to the Internet and have updates turned on?</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>.</p><p><font size="3">bipartisan</font>  (<span style="color:blue" class="pointer"><span class="pron"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode" size="2">bī-pär'tĭ-zən, -sən</font></span></span>) [Adj.]  Maintaining the ability to blame republications when your stimulus plan proves to be a devastating failure.</p><p><strong><font color="#ff0000"><font color="#ff0000">IMPE</font><font color="#c0c0c0">ACH</font> <font color="#0000ff"><font color="#c0c0c0">O</font>BAMA</font>!</font></strong></p> </div>

K

kpstinga

<p>Thanks for answering my post.</p><p>First thing I did was updating the database through the internet. I've already ordered Pro ver. today. Anyway, I don't know what kind of business they're doing but they should update all versions with current data, not just the more expensive one./minirant </p><p>&nbsp;</p>

S

symbolite

<p>Where in the program do you set it up so it downloads the most new data? I have Enthusiest 6</p><p>Its weird, i click the find tab and click Dward Planets and the only object i get is Pluto, im pretty sure there are a few more these days lol. Even stranger though is with some area's like that not being updated other area's seem pretty updated. For example under comets, i have that new comet lulin listed.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts