Stationary Buoys in Space

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xmo1

Whew, that is so deep. So two marbles a billion miles away from each other in space, given that nothing else is between them, will attract due to gravity and begin falling toward each other. I get it.<br /><br />Gravity, I guess travels at the speed of light or faster? If they simply popped into existence then it would take some time for gravity to arrive between them. Gravity seems like magnetism. Their masses must have charge relative to each other.<br /><br />I'm still wondering if a wave of light is caused by the wake of a fast moving particle, and what would it be reacting to. Suppose a particle was traveling faster than the speed of light (in a vacuum if you must). Wouldn't a wake cause a burst wave when it exceeded the speed of light? Just wondering. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>DenniSys.com</p> </div>

X

xmo1

That was sort of what I was getting at with the question: Does space move with you? Is the galaxy flying through space, or does it retain an environment of space? If it does what holds it? Could there be two or more types of space, or say, space that is 'charged' flying through space that is inert?<br /><br />If we were to transmit a highly focused beam of electromagnetic energy into space, does it hit Mars in an exactly straight line, or is bent as it leaves the earth due to the relative travel of the two planets or gravity of the Sun?<br /><br />Does space and time travel with the mass of the Earth as does gravity? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>DenniSys.com</p> </div>

X

xmo1

The universe was created from a mustard seed at rest. <br /><br /><wink />Couldn't resist!</wink><br /><br />Which came first the mustard seed or the universe? Is there a finite quality to existence? No one knows I think.<br /><br />For all practical purposes everything is moving is what I am taking out of this discussion. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>DenniSys.com</p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts