'Superman: Man of Steel' details announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

docm

Superman: Man of Steel

When: 2012

Director: Zach Snyder (Watchmen, 300, Dawn of the Dead; coming - Xerxes, Sucker Punch)

Producers: Christopher Nolan (Batman series, Momento, The Prestige); Emma Thomas (all C. Nolan projects)

Writer: David S. Goyer (Batman series, Blade series, Dark City)

Synopsis: Likely darker than what we're used to. Said to follow some of the themes of the Superman: Birthright graphic novels:

A freelance Clark Kent ponders if he wants to become Superman, arrives in Metropolis to take the mantle at the Daily Planet then encounters corrupt billionaire Lex Luthor. Just as this gets interesting Brainiac arrives in his spaceship and things really go to hell.

These themes were also explored in a 2-part Superman: Animated Series story.

J

jim48

I hope they do better than the last Superman. Bad casting in the leads. Those two were boring and wooden compared to Christopher Reeve and Margot Kidder.

M

mattblack

Brandon Routh was okay (Tom Welling would be even better), but Kate Bosworth as Lois was just too young, too bland and was NOT the character of Lois we've come to know. Phyllis Coates, Noel Neill, Margot Kidder, Teri Hatcher and even Erica Durance (from Smallville) all had a spark and spunkiness to their performances. Bosworth has none of this. I don't mean to be unkind to her, but its a fact.

And I cringe when I see yet another, reboot of an established franchise -- like what's happening with Spiderman. Hollywood keeps treating each new decade that comes along as a 'new generation' or something. Or perhaps they only want to make movies for ten year olds. I wish they would aim a bit higher!!

Probably a vain hope... :(

P

p3rocro

jim48":bb07f9t0 said:
I hope they do better than the last Superman. Bad casting in the leads. Those two were boring and wooden compared to Christopher Reeve and Margot Kidder.
I agree last time it was only good movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts