Supernova on 9/16 @ 05:55 CDT ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

phydeaux

My brother reported seeing a bright area - what he thought might be a celestial event like a supernova. This was seen in the US midwest. He said it was nearly straight up on a clear morning at 5:55am. He said it lasted for several seconds and appeared as a bright white area about 1/4 the size of a full moon. How can anyone confirm that anything happened?

V

vogon13

I forget the website, but if he googles 'iridium flash' he will most likely be on the right track to finding out what he saw.<br /><br />Iridium satellites have huge solar panels and when you catch the suns' reflection on them, it is truly amazingly bright.<br /><br />The flashes can be predicted in advance for the enthusiasts who enjoy watching them.<br /><br />Kewl!<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts