Telescopes

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

moadiem

i am looking for a telescope. My major concern is being able to see galaxies. i am relatively new at this so i am stuck on 4 telescopes.<br /><br />meade ds 2114<br />meade etx 90 at<br />celestron C4-R or nexstar 130 slt.<br /><br />any thoughts?<br />

C

chucknews

Hi - does anyone discuss telescopes here? I just bought my second telescope (the first one probably shouldn't count) - it was more of a toy 20 years ago. The new one I bought is the "Orion Spaceprobe 130 EQ". I still consider myself a beginner and I took a stab in the dark and bought it through Amazon. Unfortunately it's still in the middle of a somewhat cold winter in Detroit and I'm not planning to use it until the spring - if anyone has experiance with this scope I'd like to hear about it - it's not too late to take it back.<br /><br />Chuck<br />The Planets<br />

S

smashing_young_man

And this confirms that the post you made on my website was just spam.

T

tony3d

I'm ready to by my first scope in many years. I have settled on these two. Which if either would be the best? A SkyView Pro 120 EQ Refractor, or the SkyView Pro 127mm Maksutov-Cassegrain. I am leaning towards the refractor, but I'm concerned about all this false color stuff.

T

tfwthom

If you don't want color stay away from any Orion (Synta) refractor. They all have color because they are acrhomatic refractors. To avoid some you have to move up to apochromatic. (depending on make/model) Move up to Vixen or Stellarvue, both have 80mm APO that will show less color the anything made by Orion (Synta). <br /><br /> Vixen ED 80Sf Portable APO Refractor w/Porta Mount <br /><br /> Stellarvue Nighthawk II Complete System <br /><br />Synta is also making the Orion/Celestron Maks these days and I have never liked any Maks. Move up to a Schmidt made by Meade or Celestron.<br /><br />Vixen is new to the USA but people across the pond rave about them.....Stellarvue....well we call them "poor mans AstroPhysics" are they as good as Tak or AP's.....no but you are not paying as much for them.<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1" color="#3366ff">www.siriuslookers.org</font> </div>

S

sassybrown

I want to learn how to put a telescope together i am having trouble with mine so i need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts