The Big bang foothold

• Thread starter unlearningthemistakes
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

unlearningthemistakes

I am not disagreeing with big bang nor agreeing too much. I am just aware that this theory can't answer "certain" questions. <br />Questions like where did this primeval "ball" came from?<br />It just tells us of a cycle. <br />Repetitive.<br />But anyway most of the theories today are based on bigbang. <br />We still have that "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" thing to hope for... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>pain is inevitable</p><p>suffering is optional </p> </div>

J

j_rankin

M

mooware

<font color="yellow">Questions like where did this primeval "ball" came from? </font><br /><br />Unknown. Who even says it was a ball?<br /><br /><font color="yellow">It just tells us of a cycle. Repetitive. </font><br /><br />I believe the cyclical universe theory is out of favor. There isn't enough matter in the universe to pull it all back together to form another "singularity"<br /><br /><font color="yellow">We still have that "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" thing to hope for</font><br /><br />Hope for?

U

unlearningthemistakes

yes, thats right. Not enough critical mass to overcome the velocity, therfore no chance of reverting the "thrown" effect. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>pain is inevitable</p><p>suffering is optional </p> </div>

U

unlearningthemistakes

I was hoping for new discoveries that would somehow challenge our present idea of cosmos..<br />No pun intended... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>pain is inevitable</p><p>suffering is optional </p> </div>

U

unlearningthemistakes

nice thread you gave me.. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>pain is inevitable</p><p>suffering is optional </p> </div>

N

newtonian

unlearningmistakes - Hi!<br /><br />Yes, progress in science does require unlearning mistakes - nice user name!<br /><br />The most popular version of big bang theory, involvolving a brief early period of faster than light (<br />FTL) expansion, does explain much of what is observed scientifically. <br /><br />The big bang also does not explain many things.<br /><br />As you note, it does not explain where the singularity at the origin came from.<br /><br />It also does not explain where the laws governing our universe came from - i.e. why there is law and order.<br /><br />It also does not explain why the 4 forces of physics (gravity, weak nuclear, strong nuclear, electromagnetic radiation) are fine tune to allow for stars, and life, to exist.<br /><br />A number of scientists believe this and other awesome properties of our universe are evidences of intelligent design.<br /><br />"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" - Genesis 1:1<br /><br />We agree that science proves our universe (heaven) had a beginning, and note:<br /><br />"What is supposed to have caused the big bang itself? No less an authority than Andrei Linde, one of the originators of the very popular inflationary version of the big bang theory, frankly admits that the standard theory does not address this fundamental question. “The first, and main, problem is the very existence of the big bang,” he says. “One may wonder, What came before? If space-time did not exist then, how could everything appear from nothing? . . . Explaining this initial singularity—where and when it all began—still remains the most intractable problem of modern cosmology.” - "Awake!," 1/22/96, p. 6

N

newtonian

J_rankin - I will study your link and respond.<br /><br />Meanwhile, a few ideas, both my own and those of scientists, etc.:<br /><br />1. Collision of brane theory. Two or more membranes ( or universes) intesected at the singularity point to produce the big bang. <br /><br />2. Isaiah 40:26 - God's dynamic energy including plural forms of power (from the Hebrew text plural) caused the origin and fine tuning of our universe. An integral part of this creation was the formation of matter (and also antimatter) from various forms of energy.<br /><br />3. Dark energy caused the initial expansion of our universe. This is in harmony with the context of Isaiah 40:26, e.g.: <br /><br />(Isaiah 40:22) 22 There is One who is dwelling above the circle of the earth, the dwellers in which are as grasshoppers, the One who is stretching out the heavens just as a fine gauze, who spreads them out like a tent in which to dwell. . .<br /><br />This verse is in harmony with the mass of data about the structure and properties of our universe which are pouring in due to scientists efforts in many fields but primarily astronomy, physics, astrophysics, nuclear physics, etc.<br /><br />In short, scientists have confirmed that our universe is expanding like a stretching fine gauze with its threads and filaments - terms that astronomers independently use, not on the basis of Scripture, but on the basis of scientific observation.<br /><br />But how is God stretching out our universe? By dark energy???<br /><br />That was just to give you something to study while I study your link!

U

unlearningthemistakes

Im so glad someone "still" believes in this ultimate creator. I, myself believe in him. <br />It can never be seperated ( science and "him" )...<br />What most of us believe about today could be slightly or totally different tomorrow because science is an ever changing landscape of ideas. <br /><br />Thanks for the crux. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>pain is inevitable</p><p>suffering is optional </p> </div>

U

unlearningthemistakes

bros, just for laughs you can pay visit to my thread in the free space entitled: THE PARABLE OF 3 WISHES<br />THANKS... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>pain is inevitable</p><p>suffering is optional </p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.