The cosmoillogical constant: the energy of blunder

May 18, 2024
Visit site

The history of blunder​

The cosmological constant was originally introduced in Einstein's 1917 paper entitled “The cosmological considerations in the General Theory of Reality”.[2] Einstein included the cosmological constant as a term in his field equations for general relativity because he was dissatisfied that otherwise his equations did not allow for a static universe: gravity would cause a universe that was initially non-expanding to contract. To counteract this possibility, Einstein added the cosmological constant.[3] However, Einstein was not happy about adding this cosmological term. He later stated that "Since I introduced this term, I had always a bad conscience. ... I am unable to believe that such an ugly thing is actually realized in nature".[12] Einstein's static universe is unstable against matter density perturbations.[13] Furthermore, without the cosmological constant Einstein could have found the expansion of the Universe before Hubble's observations.[14]

In 1929, not long after Einstein developed his static theory, observations by Edwin Hubble[14] indicated that the universe appears to be expanding; this was consistent with a cosmological solution to the original general relativity equations that had been found by the mathematician Friedmann, working on the Einstein equations of general relativity. Einstein reportedly referred to his failure to accept the validation of his equations—when they had predicted the expansion of the universe in theory, before it was demonstrated in observation of the cosmological redshift—as his "biggest blunder".

It transpired that adding the cosmological constant to Einstein's equations does not lead to a static universe at equilibrium because the equilibrium is unstable: if the universe expands slightly, then the expansion releases vacuum energy, which causes yet more expansion. Likewise, a universe that contracts slightly will continue contracting.

Blunder: noun
  1. a stupid or careless mistake.

So long story short: Einstein makes a theory about gravity being a geometrical curvature of space, theory fails miserably, so Einstein doctors it by adding a cosmoillogical constant to counter his curved space gravity, and it fails again. It first predicts that the universe contracts, then postdicts that it is static, and then when he removes the cosmoillogical constant his relativistic universe amazingly stops contracting, and starts expanding, just like Frieddman predicted. Who's Friedmann ? A russian weatherman who not only was much smarter than Einstein, but also understood Einsteins theory better than Einstein himself, who was so stupid that he made two wrong predictions and postdictions in a row. Thats why Einstein said in a moment of frustration that: 'Ever since metamaticians have invaded my theory of relativity, I myself dont understand it anymore'.

Then big bang scientists revive his cosmoillogical blunder and interpret it as dark energy of vacuum. Except acording to Einstein vacuum has no energy because it has no mass. And also according to Einstein energy does not expand space but curves and contracts space. So the energy of vacuum, assuming it exists, just makes the universe contract, and not expand.

And if we look at the unit of the cosmoillogical constant, which they claim is dark energy, its 1/m^2, not Joule. So it has nothing to do with energy. It is just a (geo)metric constant meant to balance another geometrical concept, i.e. Einsteins curved space gravity. Which is curved by mass/energy. So you cant say that energy expands space, when in the same theory you say that it contracts space.

Last edited: