The origin of Black Holes

We know that Black Holes have two foundamental points of their lives: the birth and the death, as all the stuffs in the universe. About death I remeber that Black Holes evaporates, because of the "Hawking radiations", all the informations that Black Holes swallow during their lives will be thrown out. This theory is difficult to explain and the issue about I want to talk now isn't that, so... the details about their death, if you want, can also be left. About their birth, I don't know anything more than the classical collapse of massive objects and I want to go deeper in this field... I nearly forgot, with the word "Black Holes" I mean all the Black Holes, and not specifical Black Holes... Maybe this could be usefull to rember.

Reactions: IG2007
It's unclear what it is you wish to talk about regarding black holes. They can not only form and die, but they can do other things like combind with other masses including other close black holes. They can also produce very bright accretion disks, if they are in the process of absorbing a neighbor. That's how we found the first BH, IIRC.

IG2007

"Don't criticize what you can't understand..."
It's unclear what it is you wish to talk about regarding black holes. They can not only form and die, but they can do other things like combind with other masses including other close black holes. They can also produce very bright accretion disks, if they are in the process of absorbing a neighbor. That's how we found the first BH, IIRC.
Well, I guess you are being confused by @vincenzosassone 's sentence. They are saying that:

Black Holes have two foundamental points of their lives: the birth and the death, as all the stuffs in the universe. [sic]

I guess vincen (I am shortening it, okay?) is meaning to say by the word "fundamental" (I don't agree with it though) that blackholes too have the same stages of life like we human beings have: birth and death. And they are also further stating that they don't want to talk about the death of it but the birth of it, though in pretty vague terms. I am not blaming you, Helio, for not understanding; but, I have to state that vincen is pretty vague and anyone could be confused.

Now, I am gonna talk to vincen. Well, vincen, blackholes are classified into three types: stellar-mass blackholes, supermassive blackholes and (this one is pretty theoretical, but possible) primordial blackholes. Stellar-mass blackholes were formed when gigantic stars undergo supernova and their cores collapse to infinitesimally (sorry, Cat, I couldn't find any other word to use) small objects with infinite density. Now, according to theory, primordial blackholes were formed during the first stages of the universe, id est, the big bang. Theory says that points of high density in the early universe might have collapsed to form these blackholes. Scientists haven't found them yet, but they might soon. Now, supermassive blackholes. Scientists haven't yet found a perfect answer for the formation of supermassive blackholes. Some say that huge star clusters might have collapsed to form the blackholes. Some say that it's not possible as there were not too many stars in the early universe, as we have found many supermassive blackholes more than 10 billion light-years ago. It's up for debate.

Now, you were trying to avoid the death of blackholes. No proof of a dying blackhole has ever been found. But some state that blackholes will "evaporate" into nowhere in the extremely distant universe (I am not with the theory though.) As, blackholes are already points of nowhere, it's implausible to assume that they will evaporate into nowhere. Well, it's up for debate whether Hawking Radiation really makes blackholes evaporate, it's the only assumption for the "death" of a blackhole.

Reactions: vincenzosassone
Firstly, I'm really sorry for your difficult to understand my thought, maybe I have to be clearer. As IG2007 has said, with the word birth I mean the formation and with the term death I mean their end, the stage of their life in which they disappear or... I don't know... vanish. I thought that using those term, birth and death, the idea was more understandable. Anyways, I want to reply to this sentence:
They can not only form and die, but they can do other things like combind with other masses including other close black holes.
Many Supermassive Black Holes are formed because of this process, there are two Black Holes so close to each other that collide in one Black Hole very weight. Obviously this is a process in which between two BH will be formed another one, something that I also explained in another thread and also useless for me because there are already two BH.
As, blackholes are already points of nowhere, it's implausible to assume that they will evaporate into nowhere. Well, it's up for debate whether Hawking Radiation really makes blackholes evaporate, it's the only assumption for the "death" of a blackhole.
About death, I usually try to remeber the most important Hawkning's theory: Hawking Radiation, as you know! Well then, I'm not such an expert and for this reason I can't talk about them using my thought... Thanks to replied, I'm sorry to was unclear, I hope to didn't make you bored with my long paper, I only wanted to explain better. Thanks again!

Latest posts