The Ray Bradbury Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

docm

Nothing firm like a network yet, but Ray Bradbury has signed with a group of filmmakers in an effort to launch The Bradbury Chronicles, a 6 hour anthology TV series based on Bradbury’s work.

The plan, according to producer Todd Klick, is to approach A-list directors and have them select Bradbury stories they’d like to direct. Bradbury would then do the screenplays.

John Philip Dayton (Showtime’s The Ray Bradbury Theater) will executive produce with Bradbury.

A

a_lost_packet_

I don't mean to belittle our older folks but, isn't Ray a bit long in the tooth for producers to bet on him writing adaptions for a continuing series?

I love his work and think he's awesome. I have nothing against age except my own accumulation of it. However, I think his age might be a discouragement for investment.

I enjoyed Ray Bradbury Theater a lot. I'd enjoy a new envisioning of it as well. I just have concerns that some may not be interested in the risks of depending upon him to write all those screenies.

J

jryle1234

I think Ray Bradbury is one of our best living authors both in SF and Horror and all of his wrightings have a revalence to our time. He wrights with his own stile irrevalent to what other people think.

JSR

:?:

G

grokme

The original movie wasn't bad back in the 80s. I have faith in Bradbury. The man has an amazing ability to continue writing.

D

doublehelix

docm":2ht0g3vh said:
The plan, according to producer Todd Klick, is to approach A-list directors and have them select Bradbury stories they’d like to direct. Bradbury would then do the screenplays.

Wow, this sounds great! Am definitely intrigued. I hope they pick "The Veldt". Creepy stuff!

-dh

Status
Not open for further replies.