Throttleable Hybrid Rocket Demonstration

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spacy600

on the Spacedev website, they have a vid of a <br />Throttleable Hybrid Rocket, used for soft landings.<br /><br />It says they go between 50 and 100%, I don't<br />see it, but I'm not a rocket guy. The firing was from 10/8/07<br /><br />Any comments would be useful.<br /><br />Thanks

S

spacy600

oh.<br />They said it was the first attempt. <br />How much below 50%?<br />Dose it depend on the power of the motor?<br /><br />did you see the vid?, I can not tell it being throttled at all.<br /><br />Thanks

R

rfoshaug

Another way to achieve the same capability is to have several engines (say, 5) and then cut them off as you need less thrust so that in the end you only use 1 of those engines (throttling between 50% and 100% of its thrust).<br /><br />But that might not be desirable in an abort scenario where you need 100% thrust again rapidly (but maybe that would be done with the ascent stage of a lander anyway). <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff9900">----------------------------------</font></p><p><font color="#ff9900">My minds have many opinions</font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts