Vibrations through a telescope

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

atticus808

sorry to make another topic<br />but i just do it just incase you don't look at the other ones<br />but when i look through my telescope, the object usually seems to be vibrating<br />is this from the turbulence in the air?<br />or is it myself that isn't being steady?<br />i viewed stars through my window (i know i shouldn't) and the images aren't steady<br />and when i views Mars, i opened the door and had my telescope inside, the image also wasn't steady (there was VERY little wind that night<br />oh, and can i clean the eye peice lens with the same thing i use to clean my glasses lens?<br />like the spray and cloth?

H

harmonicaman

Hmmm...<br /><br />Could be several things; your furnace motor could be causing the vibration or heated air near the cold window may be causing turbulance. Even people activity can rattle the house enough to interfere with your seeing!<br /><br />When cleaning your eyepieces, don't get them so wet that the cleaning solution gets inside the lens.

A

atticus808

thank you very much<br />i was thinking it was the heat from my house out the window<br />when i get a chance to i'll go out into a field and do it

A

atticus808

it's an EQ3 mount<br />and the image is still when i view something closer to align my finderscope and telescope<br />and i believe the stars and Mars was kind twinkling<br />so it might be the air turbulence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts