War of the Worlds ... attack methods.

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

votefornimitz

<i> Maybe if the president was crazy/brilliant, not stupid. If he was crazy/brilliant perhaps he could somehow convince the military to aim it's nuclear arsenal at humanity and kill everyone. Seems pretty unlikely though and it wouldn't exactly leave behind a useful planet for an invade </i><br /><br />I find your lack of faith disturbing.... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <span style="color:#993366">In the event of a full scale nuclear war or NEO impact event, there are two categories of underground shelters available to the public, distinguished by depth underground: bunkers and graves...</span> </div>

V

vogon13

{force choke}<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

V

votefornimitz

Vogon!<br />Where were you when we needed you and your despammatron over on Phenomena....We were over run, and forced onto a more civilized board....Take time of from your intergalactic conquest to help us will you? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <span style="color:#993366">In the event of a full scale nuclear war or NEO impact event, there are two categories of underground shelters available to the public, distinguished by depth underground: bunkers and graves...</span> </div>

L

l3p3r

Serenity's idea of pumping the atmosphere full of a chemical which makes the population docile to the point where they don't bother breathing was pretty schmik. <br /><br />The most probable candidate for destroying an entire population (assuming you want to inhabit the planet afterwards and leave it with the same climate/conditions etc) is to use air and water-borne biological agents which are engineered such that:<br />a) they are non-mutating.<br />b) they are species-specific.<br />c) they lie dormant in a victim for several days before they have an effect<br />d) they kill swiftly, and are very contagious.<br /><br />The key to success is to allow the 'infection' to become widely dispersed in as short a time as possible and for the spread not to be noticed for as long as possible. <br /><br />At a certain critical level of percentage of the population infected the capacity of that race to isolate, cure, or otherwise stem the spread of the infection will be exceeded, and said race will become all but extinct.<br /><br />If you're really evil, and you really really want a planet, that's how you do it.<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

V

vogon13

{snore}<br /><br />Huh?<br /><br />What was that?<br /><br />Leave me alone.<br /><br />Deal with it.<br /><br />{snore}<br /><br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

C

chriscdc

The aliens should simply destroy anything that gives off a large enough heat signiture. That way no vehicles or even campfires.<br /><br />Guerilla campaigns only work when you have jungle or groups of people to hide within. I doubt the aliens would care that much if they bombed huge areas of jungle after a group of them had been ambushed. Also killing humans is the whole idea so there would be no villages or towns to hide in.<br /><br />Modern military systems require huge logistics so they can be wiped out. Actually just hit the oil reserves, pipelines and tankers and the modern military machine will crumble.<br />Just hitting the regional government centres in a co-ordinated strike will cause effective regional collapse for several days. Hitting the military centres will also prevent resistance organisations for several weeks.<br /><br />Also the aliens will be ruthless, think mongal hordes but far worse.<br />

V

votefornimitz

I have an FRQ on the mongols today..... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <span style="color:#993366">In the event of a full scale nuclear war or NEO impact event, there are two categories of underground shelters available to the public, distinguished by depth underground: bunkers and graves...</span> </div>

V

vogon13

I suppose I could use the Hypnotron to make everyone else suicidally depressed . . . . . <br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts