What are some of the best sci-fi movies of all time which includes space missions?

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
May 1, 2021
Visit site
Klatuu, there are only a handful of habitual planets, the Earth is but one of them it cannot be waisted. Personally I liked both of them. And have them on DVD .
I added a bit more to my post. There are some really good sci-fi flicks that came later, but those two are special because I was a kid when I first saw them. They had a profound effect on me. One other sci-fi flick rarely shown was a cult favorite among people my age because it involved teenagers. It was called 'Invasion of the Saucer Men." It was more humorous than scary, but those were among the scariest aliens I've ever seen.

Why did you like Passengers? I heard it was more a space soap opera than science? Maybe I heard wrong..

I didn't see it that way at all. Great Sci-Fi. The bartender was a good idea. That spaceship did have just about everything.
But it wasn't as meteor proof as they thought it would be. One got through and almost messed up everything.
The ship was using stepped acceleration, which brought it up to near light speed. Or that's what they explained it was.
The only engine I know of would be ion. It's been tested on our probes and it worked.

Last edited:

Latest posts