Question What if we launched human incubators to a terraformed planet?

Apr 20, 2020
Visit site
We could take sperm samples from physically fit people, put the samples in a ship. Send the ship to another terrestrial planet. Then we could let the sperms incubate with multiple artificial incubators acting as a womb.
That way if we on Earth were to be doomed by some catastrophe, the humans on that other planet would live on in the name of humanity.

We could help them survive by providing tools, seeds, house blueprints and other forms of technology. As well as keeping in touch with them, even though the intervall between each message would take years to process.

What do ya'll think? It would still take alot of engineering to even artificially incubate.

I believe we could have an AI robot there that we could control. That way we could supervise them during early birth and troughout adolesence.

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
Changing reply because heading said terraformed and opening remark said terrestrial. Some difference!

OK

"That way if we on Earth were to be doomed by some catastrophe, the humans on that other planet would live on in the name of humanity."

Why not just have some humans living there if you have gone to all the trouble of terraforming.

If it were just a terrestrial planet, I assume that would mean sufficiently Earth-like to support life, that would be a different (and impossible) matter.

Cat :)

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2019
Visit site
I think this has been covered in several SciFi books/stories. It never goes well. And we will probably not have either option available for100s of years as a "best case" scenario. Best case in quotes because what will have to change to drive that solution?

Catastrophe

Undertaking terraforming on a planet roughly the size of Earth is no mean feat.
Presumably it was not 'ready to move in' or it would not have required terraforming in the first place.

Why terraform if not your intention to inhabit?

Cat :)

May 8, 2020
Visit site
ok I will up the anty. imagine we have the technology to control the power of a black hole , we make them it is a micro black hole. with the pre s of a button suck up matter .So there is a person standing in a chamber made especially for this. we press the button and they are capture in a black hole , however just before they are captured we turn the machine off. So all the matter energy is in a single line, nothing destroyed just a single line of matter energy. and regardless of time. we can press another button which releases them back into existence and hey presto they are back in one piece.

May 8, 2020
Visit site
yes that's the point to control the matter energy not to break it but to hold it in place and later reverse the reaction back into the form it was.
However I must say yes the incubator robot is and does it is a well formed structure that like right now is an incubator system 2020 in most hospitals ,however probably by 2400 in time it changes to look like an egg then robotic carry them around . in around 2200 prior they are stored in lab area and fed all the vitals they need . many children are grown in these sort so thing's

Jun 13, 2020
Visit site
We could take sperm samples from physically fit people, put the samples in a ship. Send the ship to another terrestrial planet. Then we could let the sperms incubate with multiple artificial incubators acting as a womb.
That way if we on Earth were to be doomed by some catastrophe, the humans on that other planet would live on in the name of humanity.

We could help them survive by providing tools, seeds, house blueprints and other forms of technology. As well as keeping in touch with them, even though the intervall between each message would take years to process.

What do ya'll think? It would still take alot of engineering to even artificially incubate.

I believe we could have an AI robot there that we could control. That way we could supervise them during early birth and troughout adolesence.
I think you should bring along a few eggs to go with the sperm!

Catastrophe

"What if we launched human incubators to a terraformed planet?"

I am sorry, I really cannot see the point of this question.
Is it assumed that an entire planet could be terraformed by robots, and humans go to inhabit it decades later?
Why not just involve some males and females in the initial terraforming process, and let them have some
recreation time?

Latest posts