What is going on behind the sun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mladyraka

Okkaaayyyy.... I do know that on November 8th Mercury will occult the sun, and this time round instead of moving slightly above the sun as it normally does, it will move right in front of the sun.... So that means I can expect to see a white light approching the sun and then dissappearing behind it?<br /><br />I hope so, or else I am going to find myself a cave...LOL and the Arcturians have arrived....(grins)<br /><br />Fond regards<br /><br />Raka

Y

yevaud

Something quite odd has been going on with the Lurkerking posts I have been deleting. I have split this off from that thread, and begun a new thread for you. The original has been moved to a safe location for review. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

S

search

Great Yevaud<br />Until then life as usual<br /><br />ITS VENUS<br /><br />Regarding the position of the planets on the 2006OCT22 at 18:42:00<br /><br />Check this:<br />http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5468/437/1600/latest.0.png<br /><br />"Mars, Venus and Spica all near the Sun as seen by the SOHO Lasco C3 camera. Mars will be at its closest on the 23rd, but will probaly disappear behind the occulting disk before then. The line up of Moon, Mars and Venus on the 22nd probably won't work if Mars is behind the occulting disk. Might catch the edge of it in the C2 camera though.'<br /><br />Low198Kb<br />http://soho.nascom.nasa.gov/data/LATEST/current_c3small.mpg<br />High 1.2Mb<br />http://soho.nascom.nasa.gov/data/LATEST/current_c3.mpg<br /><br />Change yourself<br />http://lasco-www.nrl.navy.mil/cgi-bin/js_movie5.cgi?jpg+c3+10+50

M

mladyraka

Thank goodness, so we are not on the verge of being invaded by aliens which want to approach us from behind the sun (so we cant see them...LOL). So Venus is the culprit....mmm....trust the women to upset the apple cart...I should know...I am one....LOL<br /><br />fondest regards<br /><br />Raka

S

search

Sorry no alliens but women are from Venus...<br /><br />Nobody is perfect...hihihi<br /><br />"Until the poets know all about sanitary engineering and the sanitary engineers all about poetry and philosophy neither of them will be of any use as planners. Our present way of giving votes to ignorance and calling it democracy will upset any plan. Wisdom, knowledge, and energy can save civilisation; electioneering can only wreck it."

W

witgenestone

what was wrong with lurkerkings posts? Didn't catch them. Something about space aliens?

S

search

And here we are talking about pretzels when the subject was lobster...

N

newtonian

Yevaud - What is a Lurkerking?<br /><br />Is that safe location behind the sun?<br /><br />Or are we behind the sun?<br /><br />What is forward anyway??????<br /><br />Wait - I think I got it: The sun is revolving around the Milky Way in a certain direction - I assume not North. <br /><br />So, depending on where we are in our revolution around the sun, sometimes we might be behind the sun.<br /><br />Are we ever exactly behind the sun in its revolutionary direction around the Milky Way core?

W

witgenestone

I guess the backside of the sun is the side that do not face earth at present. The side that we can't observe directly at this moment. <br /><br />So. What is going on behind the sun?

M

mladyraka

LMAO!!!!!! Erm, I was referring to the view point SOHO has when I referred to "behind the sun"... You can never know with all the Arcturian websites that popped up like funny mushrooms. It could have well been a battle star, or Arcturian Space Ship....ROTFL!!!<br /><br />So, I got a little spooked.... I didn't want strange little grey creatures come knocking on my door and saying "trick or treat"....<br /><br />We live in a world where bytes are no longer bites, and a mouse has an electric chord for a tail... So who says planets are still planets?<br /><br />I had to be sure, and Dear Simon here, has put my poor soul at ease....<br /><br />Fondest regards<br />Raka<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts