What will the moon hoax kooks say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pizzaguy

About this? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1"><em>Note to Dr. Henry:  The testosterone shots are working!</em></font> </div>

D

dmjspace

pizza,<br />Your condescending attempts to sound smarter than the "believers" might be taken more seriously if you make a habit of running your signature through a spell check before posting it all over the place.

P

pizzaguy

You are late to the party, I have already addressed this in Free Space, but here you go:<br /><br /><b><font color="orange"><br />de·pen·dant Audio pronunciation of "dependant" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (d-pndnt)<br />n.<br /><br /><i> Variant of dependent.</i><br /><br /><br />[Download or Buy Now]<br />Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition<br />Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.<br />Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.<br /><br />de·pen·dent Audio pronunciation of "dependant" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (d-pndnt)<br />adj.<br /><br /> 1. Contingent on another.<br /> 2. Subordinate.<br /> 3. Relying on or requiring the aid of another for support: dependent children.<br /> 4. Hanging down.<br /><br /><br />n.<br /><br /> also de·pen·dant One who relies on another especially for financial support.</font></b><br /><br />Do I have to define "variant" as well? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1"><em>Note to Dr. Henry:  The testosterone shots are working!</em></font> </div>

O

odysseus145

dmjspace, do you believe the hoax theories?<br /><br />I find it rediculous that anyone still could. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

D

dmjspace

"Dependant" is a noun. You're using it as an adjective. <br /><br />The dictionary excerpt you've posted confirms this.<br /><br />Who cares? Probably nobody. But you're still wrong. <br /><br />Odysseus145 said: <font color="yellow"> dmjspace, do you believe the hoax theories? </font><br /><br />No, they are easily shown to be false.<br /><br />I simply object to the free use of ridicule (i.e. calling someone a "kook") around here as an excuse for scientific discourse.

P

pizzaguy

<font color="yellow">But you're still wrong. </font><br /><br />If I am, I can understand your happiness: how long have we both been posting here?<br /><br />You, with your fuzzy UFO video and stories of "aliens from outer space"...<br /><br />Me, still waiting for ANY piece of physical, hard evidence of any E.T. landing.<br /><br />To be sure, you should concentrate on EVERY LETTER I type, and work hard to draw attention away from your own looney posts.<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1"><em>Note to Dr. Henry:  The testosterone shots are working!</em></font> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts