Whatever happened to TrailBlazer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thalion

Last I heard, they were gearing up for launch the fall of this year. That said, I've heard nothing of them since an article in January, and their website gives no information on a possible launch date.<br /><br />Just grasping at straws here...

Y

yurkin

Personally I think TransOrbital was a scam. Give us money and we’ll put a picture of your girlfriend on the moon. I don’t think the people that fell for it will be getting their money back.<br /><br />You just can’t make any money by sending business cards to the moon. The costs of operations would make it impossible. I don’t know what these guys business plan must have been. Assuming that it wasn’t just a scam.<br />

T

thalion

^<br />That would be a damned shame. I was indeed looking forward to it.

N

najab

I don't think they were a scam. I think they were honestly trying to do something which was <b>way</b> harder than they ever dreamed it would be.

S

spacester

<font color="yellow">You just can’t make any money by sending business cards to the moon. </font><br /><br />At the risk of stating the obvious, if we had CATS, such a business plan could very well be viable. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Y

yurkin

<font color="yellow">At the risk of stating the obvious, if we had CATS, such a business plan could very well be viable.</font><br /><br />Even if you had that what would be the point of sending business cards to the moon? You’re placing them very far from anybody who would ever make use of them. If I told people that if they gave me money I would bury their business card underneath a rock behind my house that would be economical with existing technology. It would still not constituent a viable business model. I’m just kidding of course.<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.