What's Next, ($/time wise) Inner Space or Outer Space?

Mar 28, 2021
Visit site
Human resources being finite as they are, does man now focus most/more resources on exploring our solar system, or on improving human health & longevity? Soon, we will have the technology to send autonomous robotic machines the size of a large pill, into the human body, to fix our interior systems, organs & overall body health & physiology. With recent micro technology advancements in medicine, do you think more human resources should be spent in this area, or in exploration of our solar system (if we were forced to pick one place over the other)? This upgrading of human biological organs & systems will quickly lead to humans living longer & healthier/happier. With the human population exploding/expanding so fast, we will need to find more space to live on, be it on earth or elsewhere.

Inner or outer space

Ancient One

Last edited:
I think that one might lead to the other. If we invest our time in longevity then we will possibly live longer, thus be able to explore the cosmos longer; or does greater longevity lead to humans greater demise sooner? I personally would choose space exploration over longevity.

Mar 28, 2021
Visit site
Why send out defective units/humans into the world/space, if it needn't be? First/most/more resources should be spent on improving human life on earth, before we send our best & brightest into the unknown. Space/exploring space is very important, but more resources must be deployed to improving human health at home, first. The best/most important changes/adaptations (usually) come slowly, though it doesn't always appear so at the time.

:)

Ancient One

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
"Human resources being finite as they are, does man now focus most/more resources on exploring our solar system, or on improving human health & longevity? " My emphasis.

I cannot imagine anything more deleterious to survival of the human species than coupling overpopulation with longevity.

However, I am absolutely convinced that humanity is able to achieve it.

Cat :)

I think that one might lead to the other. If we invest our time in longevity then we will possibly live longer, thus be able to explore the cosmos longer; or does greater longevity lead to humans greater demise sooner? I personally would choose space exploration over longevity.
Benjamin Franklin once said that if a people would choose safety over liberty they would deserve neither (and thus would have neither). What you really said, as I see it, was that you would choose Space Frontier over Utopia. The former is open systemically rich in material and mind expanding possibilities, even probabilities. The latter is tyrannically closed systemic Dystopia, an Abyss of mind contracting negative human energies. You would be choosing wisely.