Question Why do we have a set of Laws of Physics? Is there anything that does not follow it?

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
What astronomy shows us is a universe with consistent physical "laws" that are consistently observable, like emissions and absorption lines from the same elements and same processes. Like gravity effects that work consistently like we expect. We can look for things that don't appear to fit - and almost invariably end up finding explanations that don't involve different laws of physics, and we refine (rather than overturn) the physics we recognise.

Other universes and the other side of a black hole event horizon may well be different or beyond comprehension (because of the absence of observational evidence), but this universe shows no signs of variability in the laws of physics. Until we have evidence otherwise it remains a very good working assumption the laws of physics of our universe are universal.

Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
I think that there have been infinite other universes before this universe and all have been created by different big bangs and had different laws of Physics.

OR
We are just a part of an infinite multiverse with infinite universes with infinitely different Laws of Physics.​
I agree and I am glad more people are coming to this understanding. When I said something like this a few years ago I was called a "conspiracy theorist" or "put my tin foil hat on". And I even got banned from "scientific forums" for stating something like that. Not to toot my own horn but it always seems people are a few years behind me. :)

Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
That's why I said " in this universe", sir. Yes, we are unimportant. We don't have any value. But, only the matter within our body does, "in the universe". And, we are only bound to it.

Some have said when not in this human body we are multi-dimensional beings of pure consciousness. So I would say we may be a little more important then you think.

Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
yeah universe is too huge to imagine indeed ...
Expand your thoughts a bit. Start off by thinking of yourself as grain of sand in a desert. Then picture yourself as a full continent on the earth. After that picture you are the Earth in space. Further on you are now a Sun in space. Now you are a galaxy. Now you are a universe. Once you are the universe it is not bigger then that grain of sand you started with. It's all about the perception you are coming from. As above so below.

Reactions: IG2007

IG2007

"Don't criticize what you can't understand..."
What would be the first? Consciousness? I also wouldn't assume human will-power to be the second when their may be so many different types of entities other then humans in the multi-verse. Really the human isn't much more then a step up from a Neanderthal.
First is Love. Though, it's kinda philosophical but yet, it's a fact, at least I believe it. Love is the move powerful thing in the Universe. How did we come so far in terms of Science, Technology, Art and Culture? There's only one answer - Love. We came to this stage of humanity for the Love of Knowledge. In this Universe, love by a sentient being is the most powerful. There is nothing above that, I can challenge.
Expand your thoughts a bit. Start off by thinking of yourself as grain of sand in a desert. Then picture yourself as a full continent on the earth. After that picture you are the Earth in space. Further on you are now a Sun in space. Now you are a galaxy. Now you are a universe. Once you are the universe it is not bigger then that grain of sand you started with. It's all about the perception you are coming from. As above so below.
Yeah, I agree. It all depends on your perspective. Our perspective dictates our past, present and future.

Reactions: Truthseeker007
Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
First is Love. Though, it's kinda philosophical but yet, it's a fact, at least I believe it. Love is the move powerful thing in the Universe. How did we come so far in terms of Science, Technology, Art and Culture? There's only one answer - Love. We came to this stage of humanity for the Love of Knowledge. In this Universe, love by a sentient being is the most powerful. There is nothing above that, I can challenge.

Yeah, I agree. It all depends on your perspective. Our perspective dictates our past, present and future.

There is a quote out there "that everything is an illusion except love."So I think you may be correct in the answer is love. I do think though that being in this 3rd dimensional reality that we have forgotten what love truly is. With this Yin and this Yang and the polarities here the void of love or darkness likes to permeate through this reality. But as some say how do you know light if you don't know dark and how do you know dark if you don't know light. If we never experience darkness how will we understand light?

IG2007

"Don't criticize what you can't understand..."
There is a quote out there "that everything is an illusion except love."So I think you may be correct in the answer is love. I do think though that being in this 3rd dimensional reality that we have forgotten what love truly is. With this Yin and this Yang and the polarities here the void of love or darkness likes to permeate through this reality. But as some say how do you know light if you don't know dark and how do you know dark if you don't know light. If we never experience darkness how will we understand light?
Although these posts are out of context for this forum, but still. Yeah, you are quite right, I agree with you. It's like, "If you don't know the taste of a lost match, how can you rejoice your victory?" Love here not only means relationships, but everything. Love for everything, every emotion, every motion, every knowledge. Very few people understand this.

Reactions: Truthseeker007

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts