Question Why Is There Light In The Form Of Hexagons On The MS-18 View?

Apr 6, 2021
Visit site
Have you seen the MS-18 launch on the NASA channel? Shortly after the third stage separates, there's a view looking back down on Earth from MS-18. You also see light in the form of hexagons. Why?

Last edited by a moderator:

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
Is this the first time lift off is shown, followed by a downwards view? I have watched it this far but it is very long. Could not see hexagons. Where are they in relation to the shadow you see moving from middle left to top left?

Cat :)

Apr 6, 2021
Visit site
Is this the first time lift off is shown, followed by a downwards view? I have watched it this far but it is very long. Could not see hexagons. Where are they in relation to the shadow you see moving from middle left to top left?

The view was when MS-18 was already in orbit. I do not see a shadow on the screen with the hexagons on it.

Thanks for the comment:)

Reactions: Catastrophe

Catastrophe

I have watched up to 27 min on the counter but the full clip is 1 hour 32. There are some shots back from space around 8-10 min on the counter, but I saw now hexagons there. Sorry, I really don't have up to one hour mre to watch until the end. Can you give us a counter reading please?

Apr 6, 2021
Visit site
I have watched up to 27 min on the counter but the full clip is 1 hour 32. There are some shots back from space around 8-10 min on the counter, but I saw now hexagons there. Sorry, I really don't have up to one hour mre to watch until the end. Can you give us a counter reading please?

1Hour 19 Minutes is where you see the hexagon photo.

Thanks for the reply/comment:)

Catastrophe

Thank you very much. That will save any interested an enormous amount of time.

It may depend on screen resolutions etc (I am using an old laptop) but those look like circles to me, in which case I might suspect artifacts.

Anyway, lets see what others make of them.

Reactions: Planeman653

Latest posts