Will the artificial Sun help in Space Exploration?

Jul 3, 2021
Visit site
I have an amazing idea. We already have a artificial Sun on Earth. Without building a Dyson Sphere. If we could harness all the power of that artificial Sun. Will it be useful for space travel? And will we be able to travel at the speed of light?

COLGeek

But you know that there are something's which do not obey law's. Anyways Thanks
Such as?

Or, do you mean we don't know "yet" (possible in the future)?

When you said "no" to the tokamak question earlier, I thought this was the "artifical sun" being referred to :

But you know that there are something's which do not obey law's. Anyways Thanks
Fusion is likely the ideal power source for ships and our planet. The Sun converts ~ 0.7% of hydrogen into energy where e=mc^2., which is an incredible amount of energy. There have been results where fusion prototype plants have produce slightly more energy than needed to power it, but not economically. Additional technology, a lot of it, would be needed to cut the weight of the reactor for any meaningful ship acceleration.

Reactions: Catastrophe

Wolfshadw

Such as?

Or, do you mean we don't know "yet" (possible in the future)?

When you said "no" to the tokamak question earlier, I thought this was the "artifical sun" being referred to :

That's what I was basing my answer on.

But if we implement some system although I think we can achieve 99.9 % of speed of light

You can think and imagine all you like, but physics simply states it's not going to happen.

-Wolf sends

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
Will the artificial Sun help in Space Exploration?

No. For the following reasons.

"If we could harness all the power of that artificial Sun."
Why not just use the energy it takes to make it?

"Will it be useful for space travel?"
Probably not as useful as the energy it took to form.

"And will we be able to travel at the speed of light?"
No.

Whatever energy it takes to produce a durable entity which might be useful, it should first be ascertained whether that energy might be used directly to avoid the energy losses which would occur at each stage. By durable, I mean >> 100 seconds.

So, imho, the answer is: No, unless your space exploration is going to last less than two minutes (120 seconds). Scarcely time to reach escape velocity?

Cat :)

Reactions: IG2007

Latest posts