Will Virgin fly his own spaceship?? Nasa falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

caper

Will Virgin fly his own spaceship?? Nasa falls behind over the private space flights. I think that we can build newer rockets to build our space hotels. Also who will win the X prise???

R

robotical

<i>Also who will win the X prise???</i><br /><br />Will, unless DaVinci miraculously gets up two flights by Monday Scaled will. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

C

CalliArcale

Or unless something goes wrong with SpaceShipOne or White Knight, although that doesn't seem particularily likely right now.<br /><br />caper, to answer whether Virgin will fly his own spaceship, I guess the question is who you really mean by "Virgin". Richard Branson, CEO of Virgin, will probably fly on it, but doubtless lacks the expertise to pilot it. (Few private entrepreneurs are experienced with high-performance aircraft.) Burt Rutan, who is not a Virgin employee but the brains behind Scaled Composites and SpaceShipOne, has said that he intends to fly on SpaceShipOne someday but hasn't said whether he'll pilot it. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#666699"><em>"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly . . . timey wimey . . . stuff."</em>  -- The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

M

mooware

If I could afford to hitch a ride on Virgin Galactic, I certainly would!<br /><br />

F

flynn

Caper "Nasa falls behind over the private space flights"<br /><br />Nasa has never really entered the race for private space flights, and in my opinion other than othering support to enterprises that are involved and benefitting from the findings they shouldn't be. As far as space is concerned they should now concentrate on exploration and leave the LEO stuff to people that can best develope it. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#800080">"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring" - <strong>Chuck Palahniuk</strong>.</font> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts