Wormhole Theory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dryden88

Hello,

I was wondering the other day? Now lets just assume the theories on wormholes are correct (I know that it's a stretch). Would that wormhole theoritically be able to send us anywhere in the universe instantly. I also heard it theorize it could take you to any time period as well since it is a shortcut through Space-time?

So if the theory is correct unlocking the secret of wormholes (if real) would mean that we would skip interstellar travel and move straight to intergalatic travel?

Thank you
Dryden88

D

drwayne

Please take a moment and look for existing threads on a topic before starting a new one.
Thanks!

Wayne

M

mental_avenger

My theory on wormholes is that they are made by worms eating their way through a piece of fruit like an apple. I have seen the holes in the apples, and I have seen the worms in the holes, but I have never actually seen a worm making a wormhole, so it is just a theory.

Y

yevaud

`

Dryden88":1ut1vx7r said:
So if the theory is correct unlocking the secret of wormholes (if real) would mean that we would skip interstellar travel and move straight to intergalatic travel?

I regret not.

Wormholes are only hypothesized, not proven. Problems abound with them. For example, any given wormhole will be very microscopic, so obviously they cannot accommodate any object of size.

Next, some very sharp people have some interesting ideas that they may be expanded to a much larger scale (sufficient to allow access to a ship, for example), though they have no idea how to do so. Then, the only method hypothesized to hold the wormhole open involves the use of negative matter, a thing never seen or even considered possible (for example, it would have negative gravity). And finally, even further thinking about them shows that any mass trying to pass through it would collapse it in the blink of an eye. Kinda inconvenient.

J

JeffreyNYA

Re: `

yevaud":31lpcxtl said:
Dryden88":31lpcxtl said:

I regret not.

Wormholes are only hypothesized, not proven. Problems abound with them. For example, any given wormhole will be very microscopic, so obviously they cannot accommodate any object of size.

Next, some very sharp people have some interesting ideas that they may be expanded to a much larger scale (sufficient to allow access to a ship, for example), though they have no idea how to do so. Then, the only method hypothesized to hold the wormhole open involves the use of negative matter, a thing never seen or even considered possible (for example, it would have negative gravity). And finally, even further thinking about them shows that any mass trying to pass through it would collapse it in the blink of an eye. Kinda inconvenient.

But SG1 does it all the time!!

D

dryson

I was wondering the other day? Now lets just assume the theories on wormholes are correct (I know that it's a stretch). Would that wormhole theoritically be able to send us anywhere in the universe instantly. I also heard it theorize it could take you to any time period as well since it is a shortcut through Space-time?

Thank you
Dryden88

I for one believe in wormholes because of the very unknown and infinite nature of the Universe they are possible but have yet to be discovered. In my opinion a wormhole is formed when the core of a sun that is collapsing is ejected out of the center of the sun at faster then light speed velocities. This is possible due to the fact that all of the pressure from the collapsing layers of the sun could theoretically force the particles together. If the exerted pressure of the core that is forced together to occupy one space should happen to find a weakness in the collapsing layers of the sun then the particles would be forced through that weakness and ejected into space at light speed velocities or faster then light speed velocities. Since the partially formed singularity would have more gravitational pull then the collapsing suns layers would be able to exert, the singularity would pull along with it various particles of the collapsing layers of the sun. Depending upon the spin of the singularity as it flew across space would dictate how the strings of the wormhole would create the gravitational pull of the wormhole tunnel.

Even if the wormhole was to small to enter we might still be able to ride on this wormhole stream. It would be like taking a toy boat (our starship) that is floating on a calm pond (the regular slow moving space) and suddenly breaking a hole in the side of the pond that would allow the water to rush out thus taking with it our ship which would be moving at the same rate as that of the now rapidly flowing water or small wormhole wave length.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts