A good talk given to the Space Foundation

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nimbus

<p>The video's a "featured video", it might be replaced by some other video anytime. There's no link given on the webpage to save it, but you can fish it out of your browser cache.. In opera, it's under Operaprofilescache.</p><p>&nbsp;The video</p><p>I don't know about the rest of his political policies, I don't know if he's just a good orator bending people his way, but he seems to have the right ideas and while he doesn't get to scientific technicalities, he does paint an encouragingly common sense solution to all the red tape that NASA's gotten stuck in (as a component of the government).</p><p>e.g. The bit about ATC from space seems incredible because it's so simple a solution that I don't know how it hasn't been done yet. &nbsp;He also points out the importance of space better than almost all other spokespersons I've seen yet. &nbsp;</p><p>This seemed like the sort of thing that ought to be spread around, so I thought I'd see what everyone here thought of it before posting it in and mentionning it to less space-oriented forums and people. &nbsp;I care a lot about space, but I also think it's a national, and human imperative, so I'd apreciate if any flaws in this speech were pointed out before I spread it around.&nbsp;</p><p>Thanks.&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

N

nimbus

That should say "... In opera, it's under Opera/profiles/cache."<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

N

nimbus

<p>So it's that bad?</p><p>edit- It got yanked, I'll host it myself...</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

B

BrianSlee

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Here it is. <br />Posted by nimbus</DIV><br /><br />link is bad <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p>"I am therefore I think" </p><p>"The only thing "I HAVE TO DO!!" is die, in everything else I have freewill" Brian P. Slee</p> </div>

N

nimbus

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>link is bad <br /> Posted by BrianSlee</DIV><br />It's good. &nbsp;Put the three letter code in the box next to it. It looks like this. Click on that orange download button and it takes you to a page with a 45 second countdown which turns into a button labeled "Download". Click it and you get a popup..you can close that... &nbsp;The file should start downloading almost instantly. &nbsp;You can either stream it or save it to disk, it's a regular download prompt. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

B

BrianSlee

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>It's good. &nbsp;Put the three letter code in the box next to it. It looks like this. Click on that orange download button and it takes you to a page with a 45 second countdown which turns into a button labeled "Download". Click it and you get a popup..you can close that... &nbsp;The file should start downloading almost instantly. &nbsp;You can either stream it or save it to disk, it's a regular download prompt. <br />Posted by nimbus</DIV><br /><br />Nimbus,</p><p>&nbsp; Thanks for posting.&nbsp; I think Mr. Gingrich makes some excellent points.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p>"I am therefore I think" </p><p>"The only thing "I HAVE TO DO!!" is die, in everything else I have freewill" Brian P. Slee</p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts