After the Space Shuttle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RiddleBox

I understand that the Space Shuttle programm is coming to and end. But i have been wondering, what will we travel to space in after this? Does NASA have plans for a new craft? and sorry if this in the wrong place, im new here :?

S

Space_Goose

Well, NASA is gearing up for the Moon and Mars now so their current space craft takes the form of a Lander. The Craft is called Orion. I assume some version of this same craft will probably be used for Mars as well. To my knowledge, there is currently no plans for another shuttle like vehicle. I think the Aries rockets will be used to get equipment to earth orbit and to the space station from now on.

M

MeteorWayne

This probably belongs in Space Business and Technology, where there are a number of simlar discussions, but I'll leave it here for a little bit. Welcom to Space.com, Riddlebox.

The 3 items to search for are Orion, Constellation, and Ares. If you google them you should get a good feel for the current NASA Plan. You could also look in the Space Business and Technology forum here where these programs are discussed all the time

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts