Agent needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andrew_t1000

Hi!
Amongst my many interests I'm an aspiring writer.
I really need an agent!
I thought I had one, but I think it was a scam.
The agency in question started off by saying they would never ask for money.
Then they wanted US$100 for a critique of my manuscript.
Then wanted money up front for editing, @ US$0.08/word, which doesn't sound like a lot, but for a novel pushing 80,000 words, I declined!

So now I'm back to square one!

So if someone could recommend a legitimate literary agent I would be grateful!

cheers,

Andrew

J

jim48

Do not pay an agent a reading fee. My agent is not taking on any more clients. Have you written a formal book proposal yet? If not, get a copy of How to Write a Book Proposal by Michael Larsen. Meanwhile, write a prospectus. Google literary agents. Not all agencies accept e-mails. I sent my prospectus to at least 100 agencies. Only a handful replied, none interested. I changed my approach: "Would you be so kind to direct this to the resident pit bull? Thank you so much." A couple of weeks later I got an e-mail: "I'm the resident pit bull here. How may I help you?" Things do not happen quickly in the publishing business. If I were you I would go ahead and get started on the next book. Assuming of course that you have talent and that you're a good writer, otherwise don't waste their time.

S

Shpaget

I'm not an agent, I'm not even in the publishing industry, so I can't help you see your book on the shelves directly, but I will critique you work for free.
I can tell which parts I like and which I don't (there will probably be both) and maybe even suggest a change or two.

If you have it in any kind of electronic format I'd be more than happy to read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts