Agent needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andrew_t1000

Hi!
Amongst my many interests I'm an aspiring writer.
I really need an agent!
I thought I had one, but I think it was a scam.
The agency in question started off by saying they would never ask for money.
Then they wanted US$100 for a critique of my manuscript.
Then wanted money up front for editing, @ US$0.08/word, which doesn't sound like a lot, but for a novel pushing 80,000 words, I declined!

So now I'm back to square one!

So if someone could recommend a legitimate literary agent I would be grateful!

cheers,

Andrew

J

jim48

Do not pay an agent a reading fee. My agent is not taking on any more clients. Have you written a formal book proposal yet? If not, get a copy of How to Write a Book Proposal by Michael Larsen. Meanwhile, write a prospectus. Google literary agents. Not all agencies accept e-mails. I sent my prospectus to at least 100 agencies. Only a handful replied, none interested. I changed my approach: "Would you be so kind to direct this to the resident pit bull? Thank you so much." A couple of weeks later I got an e-mail: "I'm the resident pit bull here. How may I help you?" Things do not happen quickly in the publishing business. If I were you I would go ahead and get started on the next book. Assuming of course that you have talent and that you're a good writer, otherwise don't waste their time.

S

Shpaget

I'm not an agent, I'm not even in the publishing industry, so I can't help you see your book on the shelves directly, but I will critique you work for free.
I can tell which parts I like and which I don't (there will probably be both) and maybe even suggest a change or two.

If you have it in any kind of electronic format I'd be more than happy to read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts