Alias

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

doublehelix

So, does anyone remember this show? I have now watched 4 out of 5 seasons on DVD and am looking forward to watching the 5th season whenever I can get ahold of the DVDs. I think in season 3 it jumped the shark a bit but I still got a kick out of it. Melissa George was so evil, it was great. Love David Anders as Sark. A very good overall cast, too. I haven't seen ANY of season 5 so do not spoil it for me if you know what happens!

Anyway, it was a fun series. Sydney Bristow kicked some ass and the Rambaldi stuff was a trip and kind of fun in an Indiana Jones meets the kabbalah kind of way.

-dh

D

docm

Pretty good show, but derivative of 1966-1967's The Girl From U.N.C.L.E., which actually had Ian Fleming as its consultant. Stephanie Powers was the lead as spy April Dancer.

D

doublehelix

docm":ci9zsss9 said:
Pretty good show, but derivative of 1966-1967's The Girl From U.N.C.L.E., which actually had Ian Fleming as its consultant. Stephanie Powers was the lead as spy April Dancer.

Good point about it being influenced by The Girl From U.N.C.L.E.. However, was there a mystical element to that show? I seem to remember it being pretty straight up spy stuff. Love the spy stuff!

I also love JJ Abrams' stuff.

-dh

D

docm

Yup, "Girl" didn't have any elements like the Rambaldi arc in Alias.

There have been persistant rumors of ABC rebooting Alias, but also without Rambaldi. Dunno if it'll see light.

D

doublehelix

docm":1bvptktz said:
There have been persistant rumors of ABC rebooting Alias, but also without Rambaldi. Dunno if it'll see light.

Yeah, I heard about that. I'd be interested to see it, and sans Rambaldi would be fine with me.

-dh

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS