Any Sci Fi Writers Here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jsmoody

I've written several short stories and two novels. I've been trying to get them published. Just started sending them out. No takers yet but I'm hopeful. Any ideas? I've sent short stories to Analog and to Fantasy and Science Fiction magazine. Any other good ones to try?<br /><br />I use Critters.org for critiques. It's a great site. Lots of amateur sci fi writers, professionals too. Any others out there?<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> No amount of belief makes something a fact" - James Randi </div>

Q

qso1

I havn't tried to publish anything traditionally in years. You might want to try 'Readers Digest".<br /><br />I wrote a graphic novel series and developed it in such a way as to be able to sell it on the web. Bypass traditional publishing. Seemed like the closest thing there was to a bullet proof concept except for what it takes to market on the web. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

J

jsmoody

Reader's Digest??? They do Sci-Fi??? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> No amount of belief makes something a fact" - James Randi </div>

Q

qso1

Good point, I don't know if they do Sci Fi, probably not. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

J

jsmoody

I checked out your story and the Orion's Arm site. <br /><br />I liked your writing and the first person, log-entry style makes for interesting reading. I'll check back on it later, to see how it progresses.<br /><br />Be careful about putting your work on the Internet though, people can steal your ideas and also, most publishers won't take your material if they find out it's been available on the web before.<br /><br />My stories are varied but some are along the lines of my favorite theme - first contact. I've written other themes as well though. <br /><br />I love writing sci-fi, the only problem is....I've run out of ideas for the moment! But I'll think of something before long, I always do.<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> No amount of belief makes something a fact" - James Randi </div>

T

thalion

<<<< Another aspiring writer dueling with the editorial boomerang...

Q

qso1

Wait till they have to deal with marketing. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

J

jsmoody

spacefire - nice. I like your stories.<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> No amount of belief makes something a fact" - James Randi </div>

A

ashish27

I will and have serious plans to write sci- fi in the future. But at present very busy with my business.... so that have to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.