Battle Star Gallatica

Page 15 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oklahoman

She was a construct that was designed for a specific purpose by a group or individual that employs methods that are either magic or that appear magic to us.

D

davp99

Just watched it again incase i miised something..an Angel ? at first i thought it was dreaded Cylon mind projection, but that can't explain the Viper , Just a Big hole for the Atheist among us..

Kind of bummer ending

Pres..Finally died..

Admiral, just days away from suicide..

Kara ?

Apollo..--> Marcus Polo

Galen ..say hi to future Irishman and the ending #6 & the traitor?? more angels?

I don't know..send all the ships to the Sun? Great Idea :lol:

D

dragon04

I half expected a lame ending going in. I think it was maybe not as lame as I expected, but lame just the same.

And to make it worse, that frakkin' Baltar got to live. And for an extra 150K years? Come onnnnnn.

S

StrandedonEarthsince1970

bearack":19bppsvj said:
StrandedonEarthsince1970":19bppsvj said:
Did anyone notice the classic shuttle (from the original series) doing some of the ferry work?

No I didn't. At what point?

S4E19, at 1:37 in, there's a couple of old shuttles going from the base star to the Galactica. I'm pretty sure they're the same ones used in the original series, although I could be mistaken.

M

Mee_n_Mac

dragon04":27iz5khn said:
I half expected a lame ending going in. I think it was maybe not as lame as I expected, but lame just the same.

And to make it worse, that frakkin' Baltar got to live. And for an extra 150K years? Come onnnnnn.

Naaah, that was the "head" Baltar and 6. Now it seems we are expected to view them as "angels", as was revived Starbuck, and "God" (who doesn't like that name) exists but in a yin/yang kind of way. It was a good, if expected answer, with the Colonials going to live among their people akin to how the Colonials lived among their gods on Kobol. We humans evolve and now we are tasked with breaking the cycle of having our technical capabilities out pace our ability to control them. Same story, different species.

B

bearack

dragon04":2vmylquq said:

I personally gave the finale a 6 out of 7. The battle scenes were good, but not as well as I anticipated and they left way to many frakking holes in the plot. WTF was with the Kara Thrace story???? I was like "That's frakking BALDERDASH!!!"

M

Mee_n_Mac

Re: BSG final episode

Did anyone find it the inadvertent nuking of the Cylon Station as "amusing" as I did. Cavil acts like a good machine and agrees to a ceasefire in exchange for resurection tech only to get nuked in the end because some random asteroid happen to hit a disabled raptor with a dead crew and live nukes.

A

a_lost_packet_

Well, I got to see the second airing so I didn't have to miss it. The next day was heck though...

I wasn't particularly "impressed" with the ending. It went mostly the way I thought it would with the Cylons being bought off and an ending storyline that works into the present-day alternate-Earth type idea. Predictable.

I was a bit intrigued by the Kara "magic disappearing act." I liked that, it adds some mystique and flavor where it was needed, a continuing "hook" to keep people interested in discussin/remembering the story/series. There were a few holes left that might be wrapped up by fan discussion/analysis. I liked the reference above to a Sopranos type ending above (can't remember who atm) with the possibility there are hidden clues. Maybe if we just pickup our Zoom tools and scrutinize HULU reruns until our eyes bug-out we'll find the last answers.

I am interested in "The Plan" and it should prove entertaining if nothing else. I am in great fear of any "pre-series" sequels though. There's simply no room for them as far as I'm concerned. BSG was a complete story from beginning to end. I think that trying to build in a prequel might be a bit hasty unless, of course, it has lots of howitzer-blow-up-stuff and huge space battles with boobs and such...

C

CRIMSON_GUARD

bdewoody":3mjus16p said:
Well it's over. I saw the final episode and even though I thought it was a little too far drawn out I liked it. The question is. Are we going to do it again?
Yes we will, were doing it now.

M

Mee_n_Mac

CRIMSON_GUARD":35q2q7b1 said:
bdewoody":35q2q7b1 said:
Well it's over. I saw the final episode and even though I thought it was a little too far drawn out I liked it. The question is. Are we going to do it again?
Yes we will, were doing it now.

Angel Six seemed to think this time would be different. I'm going with her take on it because she's purty. Mebbe she'll show up in my head and .....

Status
Not open for further replies.