Battle Star Gallatica

Page 14 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mee_n_Mac

a_lost_packet_":18uvy6h0 said:
Well.. tonight's show was.. nothing much. I was particularly annoyed at the flashbacks. They didn't really seem to have a purpose other than character backstory and.. damn, we have enough of that already.

Nothing of any importance was really revealed. Sure, now we know where the Cylon colony is.. But, we didn't even get to find out HOW we know. What's-his-nut was plugged in and.. cut to commercial. WTF?

All in all, a very dissatisfying episode this eve. Very little content worth mentioning. It almost felt like "filler" material.

Well that's disappointing. I have it on DVR and have yet to watch it. Last weeks and the week before were also on the "filler" side of things IMO. So Starbuck got outed as a zombie or angel or ?? Still nobody goes WTH and bothers to inquire. Creaky ole Galactica is about to die and so Adama is going (I assume this weeks episode) to send her on a suicide mission (which I now assume will complete next week). How many weeks left ... 2 or 3 ? Now I beginning to believe the end will have 2 Cylons running off to populate a virgin planet. Their names .... Adam and Eve of course.

D

dragon04

It just keeps getting weirder and weirder. I agree that all that flashback crap was annoying and useless. It was pretty much filler I guess because they didn't have any real material.

I really don't care for the show all that much, but I've more or less followed it mostly because I've nothing else better to do on Friday nights at 10pm. It's like this whole Gaius Baltar thing. He should have had a bullet put in his head when the Fleet escaped from that prison planet. I mean... In the "real world", that dude gets sixed. That REALLY annoys me, and frankly, the hot blonde that he thinks he sees isn't enough to make it tolerable.

Admittedly, there are episodes I just skipped over and didn't watch more than a few minutes of because frankly, with some of the story lines, I would have been embarrassed if I got caught watching them.

From the preview, looks like the (mercifully) final episode will have some action. I expect the ending to be anti-climactic though. SciFi has a way of doing that with any series they run.

A

a_lost_packet_

dragon04":kc5bcpg7 said:
...From the preview, looks like the (mercifully) final episode will have some action. I expect the ending to be anti-climactic though. SciFi has a way of doing that with any series they run.

I'm thinking that BSG is going to go out with a "sigh" instead of a "BANG!". That's disappointing. It's as if someone decided that "spooky crazy weird clockwork-orangeish twin-peaks lost days of our lives" storyline was more important than good old fashioned action, suspense and drama.

I want space battles. I want good, old fashion, basic conflict resolution told against a backdrop of "high" science fiction. I want troubled heroes, admirable villains and quirky comic relief. Yes, a few boob flashes and butt shots mixed in with some slinky neglige is a welcome distraction so, throw that in too.

But, the whole "Big Mystery" thing is getting monotonous. If I was there, I might end up just telling everyone "You're all fracking nuts.", commandeer Galactica and put that hardware to some good, old fashioned Sci-Fi howitzer-blow-up-asplosion use. Right now, it's crewed with a load of neurotic whiny bastages who have the mother-of-all identity crises going on.

D

dragon04

a_lost_packet_":9hzsoduj said:
I want space battles.

A-Frakkin'-MEN!!!!! BIG space battles. I'm talkin' Federation vs. Borg Cube level battles.

I can see it now. Galatica can't rescue the little kid and is getting it's butt handed to it. The Quantum Leap Cylon dude comes on the phone and dictates terms of surrender to Adama.

The screen goes to Galactica ramming that SOB, and the last thing you hear is the Admiral saying "FRAK You, Skin Job. I got your surrender SWINGIN' ". THAT's how you end that puppy.

They'll prolly do something dorky like showing that the whole series was a "battle simulation" run by the Cylons prior to bombing Caprica and due to the results, they decide not to attack after all.

A

a_lost_packet_

dragon04":2yz3b937 said:
a_lost_packet_":2yz3b937 said:
I want space battles.

A-Frakkin'-MEN!!!!! BIG space battles. I'm talkin' Federation vs. Borg Cube level battles.

I can see it now. Galatica can't rescue the little kid and is getting it's butt handed to it. The Quantum Leap Cylon dude comes on the phone and dictates terms of surrender to Adama.

The screen goes to Galactica ramming that SOB, and the last thing you hear is the Admiral saying "FRAK You, Skin Job. I got your surrender SWINGIN' ". THAT's how you end that puppy.

It sounds about right. Sure you didn't get some insider info? :) Galactica only has about one jump or so left in it before it falls apart. That would be an excellent way for it to go out!

They'll prolly do something dorky like showing that the whole series was a "battle simulation" run by the Cylons prior to bombing Caprica and due to the results, they decide not to attack after all.

They had better move out of the country to some nation with a government willing to hide them. Legions of fans would be at their throats. But, it doesn't sound like a far fetched idea, no matter how lame an ending it would make. I could see someone saying "This has been a training exercise. Thank you for your cooperation. This has been a training exercise. Thank you for your cooperation... "

A

a_lost_packet_

So, how many believe there is a Resurrection Machine still in orbit around "Earth?"

After all, it explains Starbuck's continued existence.

If so, will that play a part in the final moments? Could it be a bargaining chip for the humans to offer the Cylons? Or, is it going to turn out to be something lame like "Everyone who died is now re-lifed"?

Y

yevaud

a_lost_packet_":1i4ojcdv said:
So, how many believe there is a Resurrection Machine still in orbit around "Earth?"

Truly, I was wondering that myself. However, if Starbuck is not a Cylon, then it means the machine works for Humans as well, eh?

Me, I hope for the Phyrric victory mentioned above. Adama goes out in a huge explosion, defiant to the end (and kills Cavil as well)? After all, though the prophecy said "and the dying leader will not see the final destination," who is to say that leader is Rosslin?

Want a really warped ending? Adama survives, and the refugee fleet and "friendly" Cylons move on (with or without Hera, it's not relevant). They find a very Earthlike world, and then without warning their fleet is utterly blown out of the sky by it's inhabitants - who are the original Humans. And the final line (said by one of them) is, "damn, where are they all coming from? That's the third Skinjob fleet this decade!" Meaning the galaxy is CRAWLING with Cylons - and our Colonials were such too.

End of line...

A

a_lost_packet_

yevaud":2c3yeckk said:
a_lost_packet_":2c3yeckk said:

Truly, I was wondering that myself. However, if Starbuck is not a Cylon, then it means the machine works for Humans as well, eh?

Yup. That could make a lot of people happy. Rosslin kicks the bucket and then the next thing you know she walks in through the door and stares at her own cancer-ridden corpse...

Me, I hope for the Phyrric victory mentioned above. Adama goes out in a huge explosion, defiant to the end (and kills Cavil as well)? After all, though the prophecy said "and the dying leader will not see the final destination," who is to say that leader is Rosslin?

I'd like the Pyrrhic victory as well with a last, defiant stand. Gotta have a reason to blow something up.

Want a really warped ending? Adama survives, and the refugee fleet and "friendly" Cylons move on (with or without Hera, it's not relevant). They find a very Earthlike world, and then without warning their fleet is utterly blown out of the sky by it's inhabitants - who are the original Humans. And the final line (said by one of them) is, "damn, where are they all coming from? That's the third Skinjob fleet this decade!" Meaning the galaxy is CRAWLING with Cylons - and our Colonials were such too. End of line...

Very nice!

How about - They leave the contaminated Earth they found, find another suitable world with some weird looking little hairy humanoids. They decide to settle there on a nice volcanic island they name Atlantis that just happens to be off the coast of a really nice area with lots of fig and olive trees (Greece). The Cylons declare peace with them since they gave them the Resurrection Machine as a part of the settlement. But, one Cylon decides he will not settle for peace and continues to harass the colony on the New Earth. His name is... Lucifer. (Remember "Lucifer" from the old series?)

Thus, the roots of Western mythology are established.

Y

yevaud

a_lost_packet_":36cjpzyk said:
But, one Cylon decides he will not settle for peace and continues to harass the colony on the New Earth. His name is... Lucifer. (Remember "Lucifer" from the old series?)

Patrick McNee. Oh yes, remember it well.

God, I am getting old...

A

a_lost_packet_

yevaud":3oniay2e said:
a_lost_packet_":3oniay2e said:
But, one Cylon decides he will not settle for peace and continues to harass the colony on the New Earth. His name is... Lucifer. (Remember "Lucifer" from the old series?)

Patrick McNee. Oh yes, remember it well.

God, I am getting old...

Gee, thanks... Now I feel old. :)

A great show though, all free for our viewing pleasure - http://www.hulu.com/videos/search?query ... ca+Classic :)

I watch an episode, now and then.

B

bearack

a_lost_packet_":2hst9w8g said:
dragon04":2hst9w8g said:
...From the preview, looks like the (mercifully) final episode will have some action. I expect the ending to be anti-climactic though. SciFi has a way of doing that with any series they run.

I'm thinking that BSG is going to go out with a "sigh" instead of a "BANG!". That's disappointing. It's as if someone decided that "spooky crazy weird clockwork-orangeish twin-peaks lost days of our lives" storyline was more important than good old fashioned action, suspense and drama.

I want space battles. I want good, old fashion, basic conflict resolution told against a backdrop of "high" science fiction. I want troubled heroes, admirable villains and quirky comic relief. Yes, a few boob flashes and butt shots mixed in with some slinky neglige is a welcome distraction so, throw that in too.

But, the whole "Big Mystery" thing is getting monotonous. If I was there, I might end up just telling everyone "You're all fracking nuts.", commandeer Galactica and put that hardware to some good, old fashioned Sci-Fi howitzer-blow-up-asplosion use. Right now, it's crewed with a load of neurotic whiny bastages who have the mother-of-all identity crises going on.

I will make one personal guarantee. The last episode will have one heck of a battle. I'm talking Battlestar to Baseship, Viper to raider, New Centurion to Human, Hand to hand, Old Earth Centurion to New Centurion, ship to ship battles.

I'm also hoping that the guardians make a presence in this episode. Not sure about that though.

I'm also guessing that the Colony isn't quite done yet hence my reference to the Old and new centurion conflict. I suspect that when the FF arrive on the Galactica, it's programmed not to harm the FF, similar to the Raiders before being lobotomized. Granted, Cavil could have reversed that, but I think that becomes a huge plot twist in this episode

A

a_lost_packet_

bearack":oms4q7k3 said:
...I will make one personal guarantee. The last episode will have one heck of a battle. I'm talking Battlestar to Baseship, Viper to raider, New Centurion to Human, Hand to hand, Old Earth Centurion to New Centurion, ship to ship battles.

I'm also hoping that the guardians make a presence in this episode. Not sure about that though.

I'm also guessing that the Colony isn't quite done yet hence my reference to the Old and new centurion conflict. I suspect that when the FF arrive on the Galactica, it's programmed not to harm the FF, similar to the Raiders before being lobotomized. Granted, Cavil could have reversed that, but I think that becomes a huge plot twist in this episode

Sounds awesome! I hope it goes as you describe it!

Sadly, I may miss this last episode. Something has come up and if I'm any judge of these things, I'll get so distracted I'll end up forgetting to watch it. /sigh

I may be able to go out and grab a blank tape - I still have a VHS. But, I'm not sure I'll have the time. I would assume it will be on the web but, I'm not sure how long the delay is from broadcast to webcast.

B

bearack

a_lost_packet_":2ihpnl9d said:
bearack":2ihpnl9d said:
...I will make one personal guarantee. The last episode will have one heck of a battle. I'm talking Battlestar to Baseship, Viper to raider, New Centurion to Human, Hand to hand, Old Earth Centurion to New Centurion, ship to ship battles.

Sounds awesome! I hope it goes as you describe it!

Sadly, I may miss this last episode. Something has come up and if I'm any judge of these things, I'll get so distracted I'll end up forgetting to watch it. /sigh

I may be able to go out and grab a blank tape - I still have a VHS. But, I'm not sure I'll have the time. I would assume it will be on the web but, I'm not sure how long the delay is from broadcast to webcast.

Fortunately, a_l_p, SciFi (oh, they are changing their name BTW to SyFy) has been very good about posting the episodes farily quickly on Hulu. Normally a day at the most.

A

a_lost_packet_

bearack":2lhswmqx said:
...Fortunately, a_l_p, SciFi (oh, they are changing their name BTW to SyFy) has been very good about posting the episodes farily quickly on Hulu. Normally a day at the most.

I'm hoping for that. Although, I did try to catch another episode I missed and, IIRC, it wasn't up yet after two weeks. But, that may have been through Comcast, not sure. They're both partnering on it but they seem to have different content and it sometimes gets confusing.

S

StrandedonEarthsince1970

Did anyone notice the classic shuttle (from the original series) doing some of the ferry work?

B

bearack

StrandedonEarthsince1970":2qmf7ywp said:
Did anyone notice the classic shuttle (from the original series) doing some of the ferry work?

No I didn't. At what point?

Y

yevaud

bearack":17iulkyg said:
Fortunately, a_l_p, SciFi (oh, they are changing their name BTW to SyFy) has been very good about posting the episodes farily quickly on Hulu. Normally a day at the most.

SciFi hosts the full episodes beginning the day after airing as well.

And for those who want other links, and a great site for online viewing of shows: http://www.sidereel.com - they link to hundreds if not thousands of shows and movies.

B

bearack

Well, tonight is the grand finally (granted, there is another mini coming out towards the end of the year called "The Plan" and Caprica next year) and I don't think I've been so attached to a series. I know it sounds weird, but I really got emotionally attached to this show. I can only recall one other show that I have ever gotten to emotionally attached to and that was "Cheers".

Tonight will be one hell of a night with many, if not all the answers being revealed. I did hear that we are going to get another intake of flash backs, but I also heard that these flash backs will lead to the answers to many of the pondering questions. Example below in white.

Potential spoiler on: Apparently, we find out that Adama was the blind date for Rosellin in the flash back in Day Break 1 but he never shows, rather choosing to go with Tigh to a strip club. Also, apparently, it's revealed that (and this one is pure speculation) that the drunk driver that killed Rosellins family was Lee Adama. /Potential spoiler off

So, does anyone else have as much a vest interest in this series as I do and if so, what are your plans for this evenings finally?

M

Mee_n_Mac

bearack":26e0zalj said:
So, does anyone else have as much a vest interest in this series as I do and if so, what are your plans for this evenings finale?

I like the show and used to like it a lot more. For me they jumped the shark when they killed off Starbuck and then brought her back. The whole show took on a more mystical air at that point and, for me, the religious and mystic undertones previously present overtook the Sci part of the SciFi show. The whole 1 year slip in time with humans under Cylon control on New Caprica didn't help either. Still I've watched it every week though timeshifted courtesy of my DVR. Tonight I have to go to a benefit so once again I'll watch in non-realtime. Don't let any spoilers leak out until after tomorrow !! :p

A

Archer17

So the last of the SciFi Friday troika (Stargate SG1 & Atlantis being the other 2 for those just waking from a long coma) is biting the dust. :( I suppose after finding Earth it was inevitable although I thought the post-Earth mutiny episodes were good. Overall I considered BSG a decent series, but find myself agreeing with Mee_n_Mac that they went over the top with Starbuck "back from the dead" and all. I'll also watch it later, so to be on the safe side I'll avoid this thread until then.

B

bdewoody

Well it's over. I saw the final episode and even though I thought it was a little too far drawn out I liked it. The question is. Are we going to do it again?

B

bdewoody

I just thought of this. It would have been too much I guess if our wandering fugitives from the Cylons had decided to settle on an island out in the middle of the Atlantic :D

Y

yevaud

Already mentioned in the thread. But truth be told, that would have been too hackneyed. This was probably about the best end they could have done, given how rich and convoluted the entire story arc was. I am satisfied.

There must be some kind of way out of here
Said the joker to the thief
Theres too much confusion
I cant get no relief
Businessman they drink my wine
Plow men dig my earth
None will level on the line
Nobody of it is worth
Hey hey

No reason to get excited
The thief he kindly spoke
There are many here among us
Who feel that life is but a joke but uh
But you and I weve been through that
And this is not our fate
So let us not talk falsely now
The hours getting late
Hey

Hey

All along the watchtower
Princes kept the view
While all the women came and went
Bare-foot servants to, but huh
Outside in the cold distance
A wild cat did growl
Two riders were approachin
And the wind began to howl
Hey
Oh
All along the watchtower
Hear you sing around the watch
Gotta beware gotta beware I will
Yeah
Ooh baby
All along the watchtower

Bye, Galactica. You were well worth the wait. Thanks for the ride!

D

davp99

Hi everybody, i enjoyed the series too, but just a thought, they never resolved the Kara rebirth?? or did they?

B

bdewoody

At the very end (it ran 11 minutes beyond 2 hrs so if you turned away at 11 you missed this) Kara and Apollo were talking. Apollo turned away and when he turned back around to say something Kara had disappeared so I guess we are to assume she was an angel as Baltar had proclaimed.

Status
Not open for further replies.