Jan 3, 2023
Visit site
Hi Space forum,

I am not an astro scientist or related, just some ordinary guy that love mystery hidden in our space. Pardon me if my question is too ordinary. I have too much question about space.

1. I once watched about gravity visualized video that said star bend space (visualized with a heavy ball on fabric) that said planet originally goes in straight line, but since the space bent, it looks like it goes in circle, which looks like what happened to our solar system. My question is does that mean we actually trapped in bent space (by sun)? And does that mean we aren't actually revolve the sun, but just trapped in sun's space? Also, are there any way to calculate how "much" space are the sun bent? Are there any use for it? Maybe to bend space in microscopic or quantum level? Also, the common theory of the 4th dimension is time. Are there any possibility that we can manipulate time after we are able to bend space? In microscopic level, maybe to increase the speed of cell regenerating, etc.
2. How could we get a full picture of the milky way if we actually inside it? My logic is if we are inside it, all we can look is what around us (which looks like a straight line as we look in astrophotographs)

Thanks in advance for any insight!

My question is does that mean we actually trapped in bent space (by sun)?
The degree that our planet's motion is altered is based on the degree of warpage. This is determined by the mass of the object that causes space to warp. The Sun is about 330,000 times the mass of Earth, so there is enough there to bend space enough for us to travel round and round, along with the other planets. But if we encounter an asteroid nearby, it will have little to no effect.

But it's not just the mass, but the density as well. The maximum warpage will be at the surface. A neutron star, though small, has incredible density, so spacetime is warped greatly. A blackhole has enough warpage cause the entrapment you mention. Not even light can get "unbent" in its path in order to escape. :)

And does that mean we aren't actually revolve the sun, but just trapped in sun's space?
We do revolve but the Earth thinks it's traveling in a straight line. That is the effect of the warpage, as I understand it.

Also, are there any way to calculate how "much" space are the sun bent?
This is part of Einstein's GR (General Relativity). He had the idea that acceleration and gravity were the same thing. It took him years to get the physics and math right, but there are test that show it is accurate to at least 15 decimal places. He used his theory to accurately calculate the orbit of Mercury, which everyone knew didn't match what prior science said it should be. At the time, astronomers were searching for a new inner planet to account for Mercury's odd behavior. [This hypothetical planet had a name - Vulcan. :)]

Are there any use for it?
For all large scale events, it can be a must. Newton's laws are still accurate at smaller scales, even for orbital spacecraft. But GPS would not work much without using GR and SR.

2. How could we get a full picture of the milky way if we actually inside it? My logic is if we are inside it, all we can look is what around us (which looks like a straight line as we look in astrophotographs)
Yes. Astronomers have images of tens of thousands of spiral galaxies. Recent spacescopes have measured the distances of millions of stars and their motions, so our picture of our galaxy should be pretty accurate, especially when compared to all those similarly looking spirals. They have even found several dwarf galaxies colliding with our galaxies, but not near us. :)

I believe there has been an observation and measurement error. And I think this has lead to an apparent conclusion. Not the real dynamic that powers an orbit. An ellipse is a 2D structure and a 2D path. Like a circle. Tilt a circle and you have an apparent ellipse.

But almost 20 years ago we got some amazing images of a moon's orbital path thru a debris field. A plotted track thru space of an orbit. And it was the first thing I spotted. But all others wanted to talk about the debris field. I wanted to talk about that orbit. Because that orbit was not an ellipse for all to see.

That orbit was a one turn helix. And after repeated orbits, had corralled that debris into a torus in the moon's orbit. A small spin within a larger spin. 1 to 1 ratio.

Since then, rarefied torus debris fields have been found for all the planets except Mercury. Which is explainable with solar radiation. Or a more rarefied undetectable debris field due to solar radiation.

Earth's small spin is about 3 million miles in diameter. It takes 1 year to rotate on this spin also. We rotate in and we rotate out from our sun. Six months above Sol's plane and six months below Sol's plane.

An angular acceleration inside and perpendicular with another angular acceleration.

A wheel within a wheel. No one knows the correct narrative for gravity.

We have to understand mass and matter, before we can understand gravity.

And we have no narrative for mass and matter.

The problem I have with the explanation of gravity coming from "bent space" is that the image of a heavy ball stretching a mesh fabric is acutually using our expectation of gravity to try to demonstrate something else about gravity. It just "doesn't compute" as a good demonstration of how space being bent results in the motions seen due to gravity, because it uses gravity in the usual way to try to make the illustration.

I agree. An ellipse wobbling in a vortex doesn't light my fire either. And after seeing Io's orbital tracks, I don't believe an orbit is an ellipse. I think it's a one turn closed helix. The trajectory is the result of two perpendicular angular accelerations. A spin within a spin.

So any gravity narratives/equations would have to show cause for these two accelerations. It's an oscillation of velocity and momentum. A rotational frequency. Planets and moons have 1/1 ratios. 1 spin to 1 spin. But ringlets have a much higher frequency. Multiple spins to 1 spin.

Latest posts