Question China National Space Administration stats

Jan 7, 2022
Visit site
Can anybody reference any reliable stats for the following please:

1. How may people are employed in the CNSA ?
2. What is the space economy's economic value in China, and is equatable to the total government funding ?
3. How much of a proportion of the "space economy" is dedicated specifically to R&D
4. How many patents and inventions has the CNSA achieved to date ?
5. How many tertiary level graduates does China produce for its Space sector (I imagine 100%) ?
6. What is the CNSA's total global share of revenue of the space sector as a global economy ?
7. What is the Chinese Space sector (as an economy) to be valued at by 2030 ?
nb. dates for the figures and referenced a requirement

Thanks to everybody in advance !

Jan 7, 2022
Visit site
It's just to compare international efforts, to see how well they stack up. For example, UK efforts require minimal funding, at around £400m, but the local economy is £14bn ! With around £5bn in tax receipts it's a more pragmatic system compared to the EU, which seems to spend around €6bn but with nothing like the return on investment that the UK has (I'm still researching that stat).

From the British perspective, they've made space too expensive to be monopolised by the local government, which keeps space "free" if you will. Whilst every other major effort in the sector seeks to dominate it, which is a new problem.

I already tried checking out the Wikipedia page, but I couldn't glean the info that I needed.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I really don't see the CNSA or Chinese central government being too forthcoming with the type of information you are looking for. Finding verifiable, independent sources may be difficult.

Jan 7, 2022
Visit site
Perhaps, but the answers should be a a source pride for the country, so they should at least be able to feed something into the public domain, but I cannot find anything.

Incidentally, they would be meaningless without comparative stats the closest competing powers like ESA and NASA, so if anybody can answer those it would help as well.

Latest posts