Comet Atlas is falling apart, new photos confirm

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Science has the confidence of its inventions as absolute proofs.

You have the faith of your religion without any proofs.

"Confidence beats out faith at all levels and scales." dfjchem721

At least your posts are getting shorter............

Last edited:
Reactions: Catastrophe
Apr 13, 2020
Visit site
Scientists don't use magic wands. (And yes, it supersedes all others.) We use instruments, chemicals, test objects, etc. to derive absolute proofs in many cases. You might not even be alive were it not for all the many medicines etc. in the health sciences alone.

Again, science gave you the computing device you are using to trash on the very subject that you hate so much : The fundamental facts of nature as define by scientists. The products derived from these facts are absolute back-proofs of the reality of science.

And any scientists you backed into a corner, etc. was no scientists at all. Most likely they are figments of your imagination to make a story that sounds good for you, but is not true.

No scientist I know, and there are a few thousand of them, would ever allow another scientist to "back them into a corner", so they most certainly wouldn't let you.

Please take your obviously false and fantastical notions to a religous site. Most of us deal only in the real world.

Your 'scientific' mind concludes much from that which is NOT in evidence...highly un-scientific by your own admission. The final conclusion of particle physics (CERN) is that 'matter' is a holographic projection from an unquantifiable background source. Several particle physicists fell to their knees upon seeing such evidence. They were instructed to report their discovery as the Boson or God Particle, thus obfuscating the all-pervading, unquantifiable medium from whence it actually manifested. What a lonely world you inhabit that spontaneously manifested from absolute...NOTHINGNESS. Ashes to ashes...dust to dust.

"Several particle physicists fell to their knees upon seeing such evidence."

Some scientists do happen to believe in supreme beings, so this is no surprise. It is not their fault. Talk to their parents about that one, don't bring it here.

And your quote has actually been revised some time ago:

It is now "stardust to stardust".

Apr 13, 2020
Visit site

I will give you a heads-up...YOU will soon find yourself on your knees when you come to the final realization that all you have come to believe is...FALSE! False pride (science) comes before the fall. I'm still waiting for your scientific proof refuting 0 + 0 = 0. True science...that which fully comports with nature/reality and not psychological manipulation...will soon manifest in ways beyond your wildest imaginations. BTW, just what religion have you arbitrarily (un-scientifically) assigned to my frame of reference. Religion, like 'science', is just another manifestation of perceptual control.

Apr 13, 2020
Visit site

You place your confidence in the manipulation of that ('matter') which you do not fully understand. It shows! My responses will boil down to one word...the one haunting you in the back of your mind.

Apr 13, 2020
Visit site

Some scientists do happen to believe in supreme beings, so this is no surprise. It is not their fault. Talk to their parents about that one, don't bring it here.

0 + 0 = 0.....I'm still waiting for your scientific denunciation. And while I'm at it, please do elaborate...scientifically... on the subject of consciousness. Would you like to do a little quantification on that matter? How does it feel being backed into a corner? As for the stardust, it still makes ashes of your theories.

Apr 13, 2020
Visit site

It is scientifically referred to as a 'first cause'. Substitute 'consciousness' for 'Supreme Being' and you are in the finals for that cigar. There first has to be an 'action' for there to be a 'reaction'. The scientists who fell to their knees were all atheists.

Apr 13, 2020
Visit site
Debamboozler

Religion is not to be discussed here, especially in an argumentative manner.
I think the odd mention in context may be allowed but if I were you I would avoid it PLEASE

Please tell me what religious context I am espousing. I am coming from a singularly logical perspective absolutely devoid of any 'religious' connotations. I am applying the scientific method to the letter which seems to cause you undue distress. I seek truth in all sources and to the exclusion of none. I close my mind to nothing and allow truth to manifest of its own volition, devoid of doctrine or opinion.

Apr 13, 2020
Visit site
Scientists don't use magic wands. (And yes, it supersedes all others.) We use instruments, chemicals, test objects, etc. to derive absolute proofs in many cases. You might not even be alive were it not for all the many medicines etc. in the health sciences alone.

Again, science gave you the computing device you are using to trash on the very subject that you hate so much : The fundamental facts of nature as define by scientists. The products derived from these facts are absolute back-proofs of the reality of science.

And any scientists you backed into a corner, etc. was no scientists at all. Most likely they are figments of your imagination to make a story that sounds good for you, but is not true.

No scientist I know, and there are a few thousand of them, would ever allow another scientist to "back them into a corner", so they most certainly wouldn't let you.

Please take your obviously false and fantastical notions to a religous site. Most of us deal only in the real world.

I see my open mindedness is not welcome here. I'm no Polly squawking for a cracker. PEACE BE WITH YOU. OOps! There I go getting all 'religous'...'again'.

First off, mathematics is not a science, so it cannot be denounced by science.

From wiki:

"Mathematics includes the study of such topics as quantity (number theory), structure (algebra), space (geometry), and change (mathematical analysis), It has no generally accepted definition."

While mathematics is inherently a field onto itself, and has nothing to do directly with science, science often relies on mathematical references as to "quantity (number theory), structure (algebra), space (geometry), and change (mathematical analysis)".

So there is no scientific definition of 0 + 0 = 0, and therefore cannot be refuted. I would bet some math geeks would say it has nothing to do with math either! :)

Since your posts are getting to be repetitive and interest in your commentary is severely lacking, I am not inclined to continue to rebut what I consider to be ill-informed opinions. You would be better off joining an echo chamber of like-minded people in order to bring some pseudo-validity to your notions.

I am in the middle of taping some fabulous Phillips vinyl to my Tascam-32. To offer you an olive branch, later this PM you should be happy to know that this will include Handel's Messiah, one of the greatest works of music the world has ever heard.

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Halle-lu-jah!!!!!

Apr 13, 2020
Visit site
Science WITHOUT mathematics....astounding! Need I say more?!? I can't help myself, so I will.

Entirely disregarding mathematics as a INDESPENSIBLE SCIENTIFIC TOOL...allow me to put this another way.
Precisely how is it possible for 'matter' to come into 'existence' from NOTHINGNESS? One of the roots of the scientific method, if I'm not mistaken, is CAUSE & EFFECT (Newton). There must first be a cause to produce an effect...no? From another angle...has science discovered the source of the so-called Big Bang? Where did the 'explosives' come from and what lit the fuse? When one fully contemplates the concept of the void...absolute NOTHINGNESS...it becomes glaringly apparent...to the logical mind, anyway...that the alternative thereto ('existence/'matter') must have a first cause. Nothingness, by its virtueless, vacuous nature, does not have at its disposal ANYTHING to work with.
"That one body may act upon another at a distance through a vacuum without the mediation of anything else, by and through which their action and force may be conveyed from one another, is to me so great an absurdity that, I believe, no man who has in philosophic matters a competent faculty of thinking could ever fall into." (Newton)
I propose that one of the founding father's of the scientific method (Newton), agrees with you wholeheartedly. Mathematics fails utterly where metaphysics takes its rightful place upon the stage of existence. He is referring to an unquantifiable medium, only recently (re)-discovered by particle physics research (CERN) which was deliberately side lined and in its stead we were told it was a quantifiable infinitesimal denominated the Boson or God Particle.
There must be a FIRST CAUSE ( call it what you may) to produce an EFFECT.
Follow the existential brick road, at the end of which you just might find the Wizard of All. In my mind, the 'Wizard' has neither a cosmically ornate conical hat nor wand. The 'Wizard', who remains nameless, is unquantifiable and for lack of a better term we might denominate it as PURE CONSCIOUSNESS.
Now, when you crack this case I will be the first nut out of the shell.

Apr 13, 2020
Visit site
First off, mathematics is not a science, so it cannot be denounced by science.

From wiki:

"Mathematics includes the study of such topics as quantity (number theory), structure (algebra), space (geometry), and change (mathematical analysis), It has no generally accepted definition."

While mathematics is inherently a field onto itself, and has nothing to do directly with science, science often relies on mathematical references as to "quantity (number theory), structure (algebra), space (geometry), and change (mathematical analysis)".

So there is no scientific definition of 0 + 0 = 0, and therefore cannot be refuted. I would bet some math geeks would say it has nothing to do with math either! :)

Since your posts are getting to be repetitive and interest in your commentary is severely lacking, I am not inclined to continue to rebut what I consider to be ill-informed opinions. You would be better off joining an echo chamber of like-minded people in order to bring some pseudo-validity to your notions.

I am in the middle of taping some fabulous Phillips vinyl to my Tascam-32. To offer you an olive branch, later this PM you should be happy to know that this will include Handel's Messiah, one of the greatest works of music the world has ever heard.

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Halle-lu-jah!!!!!

So I take it you worship JUPITER...jah?!? Smells like a pot of kettle fish to me! The planets were the gods of the ancients. So you DO believe in at least one god. I subscribe to COSMIC CONSCIOUSNESS and Jupiter his child. How do you know for sure you we are not merely characters in a very sophisticated holographic simulation? My mind remains open and no door remain shut.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts