Cover up on Mars? (speculation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

heyzeus321

NASA's retractoiin statement seems kind of fishy to me. Somebody slipped up on this one. Now it seems that they are covering up something about Mars that they didn't want us to know.

H

heyzeus321

What if there was a plan to slowly introduce life in space to the public, and this methane would be the first step to open the possibility of life existing on other planets. Then they would work up to intelligent beings.<br /><br />...Only somebody jumped the gun. They weren't ready

S

Skylark

heyzeus321, why do you think NASA would "slowly introduce life in space to the public"? Do you, honestly, think human beings are incapable of absorbing this type of information?

H

heyzeus321

I think that we are plenty capable. I am saying maybe they know something we don't.<br /><br />Do you think, if an alien spacecraft landed on your front lawn, that you can go on, business as usual?<br /><br />I am just saying that some human beings need time to absorb shocking information. Like your parents getting divorced or a friend dies in a car wreck, or having a baby, you know life changing moments

L

lowendfreq

And around it goes.......<br /><br />If there is a cover-up, I don't believe 'we humans' will control the 'disclosure' of info.<br /><br />But, who knows the unknown.<br />

D

dgm1

What i think is that facing budget cuts, Nasa would be hard to stop from divulging this info if it were true. Their funding would triple and interest would skyrocket. Even under a gag order from the highest some one would "leak" it to the public in a way to start the outcry. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

Skylark

heyzeus321, I am going to go out on a limb here and assume you believe NASA landed men on the moon. That was a pretty shocking moment in human history, but it caused little upheaval in our daily lives. If there were, at one time or another, microbial life forms on Mars please be assured humanity will not self implode upon learning the information.<br />Also, please note dgm1's post. The more spectacular things NASA discovers the better chance they have of getting their budget approved by Congress.

D

dgm1

CE, maybe the surveyor will find that holiest of holies one day - - - a crop circle on the surface of Mars! (well maybe without the crops)<br /> That would shake 'em up! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

T

telfrow

<font color="yellow">It will be big news for most people, but not if it interferes with their watching "CSI" or "Desperate Housewives". Americans have notoriously short attention spans.</font><br /><br />Well said.<br /><br />The whole idea that the announcement would throw society into a psychological tailspin presupposes a) the vast majority would be informed enough to know it happened, and b) they’d care. <br /><br />They’d find out – through a fifteen second blurb on Headline News nestled between “news” about movie stars, “lifestyles” and the Jackson trial. Would they care? Not really. It would have no impact on their day to day lives….unless someone (talking heads, talk show hosts or fundamentalists) told them it did. <br /><br />I’ve never really understood the line of reasoning that the announcement of life would throw religion into turmoil. There’s no doubt in my mind religious leaders would use the discovery of life to <i>strengthen</i> the case for (their) God(s).<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <strong><font color="#3366ff">Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find and not to yeild.</font> - <font color="#3366ff"><em>Tennyson</em></font></strong> </div>

H

heyzeus321

I do believe we went to the moon.<br /><br />Just for argument's sake, Sure NASA could recieve a bigger budget if they found something spectacular, but if it was information that was against the government's, secret government's, or what have you's wishes then maybe they would be forced to keep it a secret.<br /><br />Like retracting a statement that NASA made about life on Mars. Which took like 3 or 4 days.

P

pizzaguy

What exactly <i><b>IS</b></i> <font color="yellow">information that was against the government's, secret government's, or what have you's wishes ... </font> ????? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1"><em>Note to Dr. Henry:  The testosterone shots are working!</em></font> </div>

H

heyzeus321

Sorry, made sense when I wrote it.<br /><br />Information that would hurt the government's interest, alien life for example.

P

pizzaguy

<font color="yellow">Information that would hurt the government's interest, alien life for example.</font><br /><br />How would an alien visit hurt the "gov't's interest"? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1"><em>Note to Dr. Henry:  The testosterone shots are working!</em></font> </div>

H

heyzeus321

Not the fact that there is alien life but proof of existence to the public, would hurt their interests.<br /><br />What interests?<br />I don't know, but the gov't would keep secrets to protect them for sure, if they had to.

A

aaron38

I'm not sure that the proof of life on Mars would be all that shocking at all. Half the people belive in UFOs right now. If life on Mars was proved, they'd just say:<br /><br />"Well we already KNEW that. So now are you going to stop covering up the UFOs??"<br />

D

dragon04

I just got off the phone with Mulder and Scully. After thorough investigation, they feel there is no coverup in this case.<br /><br />Sheesh. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <em>"2012.. Year of the Dragon!! Get on the Dragon Wagon!".</em> </div>

L

lacotta

If you are not capable of handeling the truth, am sorry but the fact is,out there is life and a lot of it!<br />You all must realize that we are not alone and we are not the only human civilization but in the universe is a lot of human worlds , someone is more advanced then ours some of them are not but they are humans in origin and they visiting us. Most of us are referring as gods in the past but they are just clear and openminded like we will do in the distant future when the world leader would stop hiding the only truth from us. <br />Why we don`t see the TV shows about development of the 5 senses and human body? About dimensions and the state of the human mind? About reality and human perception? <br />Here are the answers, in those questions!

B

blackened27

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p> You all must realize that we are not alone and we are not the only human civilization but in the universe is a lot of human worlds , someone is more advanced then ours some of them are not but they are humans in origin and they visiting us. <p><hr /></p></p></blockquote><br /><br />I'm sure after making a statement like this, you have plenty of proof to back up all those claims, right?

B

blackened27

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p> Information that would hurt the government's interest <p><hr /></p></p></blockquote><br /><br />The only scenario where i could see the exposing of E.T. life or artifacts hurting a government would be if that government were trying to proffit from such knowledge and sought to keep it from the rest of the world so as to have a monopoly. It's a pretty unlikely scenario though, i just don't see a secret like that being kept long. I'm not a believer in any sort of mars related conspiracies, the above is just speculation.

N

nexium

Coverup, disinformation, and secrecy is the knee jerk reaction of most governments and other large organizations. They do not need a good reason to lie, if they have compelling evidence of past or present life on Mars or elsewhere. There is lots of poor evidence for life elsewhere.<br />In my opinion it is good science to admit that there is lots of poor evidence and that the matter deserves the attention of main stream scientists. Neil

B

blackened27

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p> They do not need a good reason to lie, if they have compelling evidence of past or present life on Mars or elsewhere. <p><hr /></p></p></blockquote><br /><br />I'd tend to disagree with this statement. Governments and corporations tend to cover up information that could be damaging to them in one form or another, or to gain an advantage. They don't just do it on a whim. A coverup of the discovery of life makes little sense to me. I don't really see what a government would gain by doing so, except for the one example i posted earlier in the thread.<br /><br /><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p> There is lots of poor evidence for life elsewhere.<br />In my opinion it is good science to admit that there is lots of poor evidence and that the matter deserves the attention of main stream scientists. <p><hr /></p></p></blockquote><br /><br />I'd tend to disagree with this statement as well. There is no doccumented evidence for life elsewhere, not even poor evidence. If you mean poor evidence that the <i> conditions </i> for life might exist or have existed in the past on planets within our system, then i'd agree with that statment. Those conditions are being investigated by mainstream science and it's still inconclusive at best.

N

nexium

Hi crazyeddie: Do you really believe any of that, or are you just debating? If the ET offer to start new corporations to revel advanced space technology, The role of NASA might be limited to telemetering, PR, communications and tracking. Why develop a heavy lift vehicle if the ET corporations will soon market something better at less cost? The effect of competitive technology would diminish nearly all human organizations as the public egarly awaited the next unvailing. Unco-operative organizations (and indivduals) would be bypassed by co-operative organizations. Humans who presently have clout would have to choose between second fiddle or retirement. Science is about new horizons, not about protecting the theories of aging scientests.<br />If NASA has confirmed one celled creatures on Mars, the enviormentaists will insist that Mars exploration is imposible without killing and mutating some of these critters, unless NASA can maintain a cover up.<br />Frequent and blatant cover ups are expected by most employees, so organzations only need to discredit the few who imprudently say the "wrong" things.<br />The content of press releases need to be decided by a small elete group, otherwise it becomes obvious that the press releases are mostly disinformation.<br />I have no hard evidence of life on Mars or elsewhere off planet, but a cover up (and disinformation) seem probable even if there is no known life. It is called rumor control. Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts