Cydonia morphology

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bonzelite

i see evidence of fracturing and erosion due to <i>possible</i> "tectonics" or en masse movement of the surface "slices" in the local area. the topmost form, on the circular "mound" or "tholus," in the posted pic above has been split in half, for example. <br /><br />this: <br /><br />

J

JonClarke

You know, it looks like some kind of parallel streaking down the gap between the two halves. I had not noticed that before. With the apron round the hills it looks rather like the famous "melting mountains" of of Promethei Terra.<br /><br />Jon <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Whether we become a multi-planet species with unlimited horizons, or are forever confined to Earth will be decided in the twenty-first century amid the vast plains, rugged canyons and lofty mountains of Mars</em>  Arthur Clarke</p> </div>

B

bonzelite

do you see any validity to the top of the left half being sheered off and moved? when i look at the left half, a portion of it looks sheered off --the right half-- matching the hole and rectangular structure. in other words, at a time in the past, the right half was joined with the left, sitting partially atop it. <br /><br />

J

JonClarke

It's possible, but I would look for more signs of extension to be convinced!<br /><br />Jon <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Whether we become a multi-planet species with unlimited horizons, or are forever confined to Earth will be decided in the twenty-first century amid the vast plains, rugged canyons and lofty mountains of Mars</em>  Arthur Clarke</p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts